Noise pollution

Skipalongcassidy

Our village school had a party yesterday evening. Our house is half km away, but we could hear the music perfectly, with the added bonus that the glass was rattling in the window frames in time with the rhythm. This is standard fare in our, and I assume, every other normal Thai community. If it happens at school, the kids are hearing impaired and indoctrinated into the bigger and louder the better by adulthood. The solution? Shut the doors and windows and immerse yourself into something with headphones on if you can't go elsewhere for the duration. The next-door neighbours had a ghost party a couple of years ago, thankfully only during the day, so Airport Plaza for the afternoon was in order.

21 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

You can't do nothing about it.. Some Thau people think they are alone on the world.. The only thing I do sometimes i play loud music too when they  have visitors, or early in the morning...But it has no effect.

Depended on where you live, in decent condominiums where they have good administration you avoid most problems also noise.

It’s part of the culture, adapt and live with it.

Earplugs, close the window turn on the fan and blast the a/c. 
The fart cans attached to the motorcycles tail pipes are the the worst, I think it’s actually illegal in TH?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I had two security guards outside my Condo playing loud music all night on their smart phone and I politely asked then whether they would wear headphones 

The next night the two security guards outside my Condo were shouting at each other , shouting as loud as they could all night , at 3 AM I went down there to ask them to quieten down a bit . 

They both had headphones on and were playing music full blast and were shouting to each other so they could hear each over over the music from their headphones 

How does a smart phone produce such loud noise? Just wondering about the validity of this story????

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, novacova said:

How does a smart phone produce such loud noise? Just wondering about the validity of this story????

I'm thinking the energy to produce the sound was coming from batteries inside the headphones????

Edited by VocalNeal

On 11/6/2022 at 7:04 PM, ikke1959 said:

You can't do nothing about it.. Some Thau people think they are alone on the world.. The only thing I do sometimes i play loud music too when they  have visitors, or early in the morning...But it has no effect.

They will think these foreigners don't know how to behave and will try to punish them with their noise. An endless noise battle could be the result ????????

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Blend in and become part of the screaming and the blaring going on all day  !!    your joking right   ..... 

yeah that’s right blend in…or move somewhere else. Why would anyone choose to continue to live in a noisy place unless they like it? It’s your choice, not theirs.

Thai Party houses  -  what are they all about ?

In fact I thought renting them out for a day or two at a timed was illegal.

A friend went to look at a house on a local secure estate and was impressed by how quiet it was. 

Unfortunately, these visits never take place on weekend evenings when the Thais will party into the early hours. 

He is moving out next week.

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Thai Party houses  -  what are they all about ?

In fact I thought renting them out for a day or two at a timed was illegal.

A friend went to look at a house on a local secure estate and was impressed by how quiet it was. 

Unfortunately, these visits never take place on weekend evenings when the Thais will party into the early hours. 

He is moving out next week.

There is no guarantee. I stayed at my place here in Central Pattaya almost two decades before I decided to buy. It was completely quiet. Now I am in the middle of a very noisy red light district. Don't buy here if you don't want to lose money. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Have you never been in a restaurant or waiting room with a Thai on their mobile phone?

Yes, all the time. Phone speakers don’t produce boombox sound levels. can barely hear family members in the next room playing YouTube. Hearing the music of security guards outside playing music on their phones? 5! Give me a break, unless you have super hearing 

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

Yes, all the time. Phone speakers don’t produce boombox sound levels. can barely hear family members in the next room playing YouTube. Hearing the music of security guards outside playing music on their phones? 5! Give me a break, unless you have super hearing 

Have as many breaks as you like.....................I can hear a pin drop from floor 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

It doesn't have to be loud then its outside your window at 3 AM when you are trying to sleep , even when they had the headphones plugged in and the music was coming out the headphones speakers (when they nodded off to sleep and the ear pieces fell out their ear ) , I could still hear it 

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

There is no guarantee. I stayed at my place here in Central Pattaya almost two decades before I decided to buy. It was completely quiet. Now I am in the middle of a very noisy red light district. Don't buy here if you don't want to lose money. 

I lived in a new apartment in what was then a quiet convenient area in cm, then came the restaurants and the street got busy, and earplugs at night, then I moved mostly because of the loud fart cans on the motorcycles wizzing by the building. 

• Like 1