Noise pollution

Skipalongcassidy

10 minutes ago, novacova said:

Yes, all the time. Phone speakers don’t produce boombox sound levels. can barely hear family members in the next room playing YouTube. Hearing the music of security guards outside playing music on their phones? 5! Give me a break, unless you have super hearing 

You have walls and doors stopping the sound inside a building , its a different matter when they are right outside your open window and playing music and talking loudly as well 

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have walls and doors stopping the sound inside a building , its a different matter when they are right outside your open window and playing music and talking loudly as well 

Ever consider closing the windows and turning on the ac & or fan??? This trick worked good for me ????

14 minutes ago, novacova said:

Ever consider closing the windows and turning on the ac & or fan??? This trick worked good for me ????

He was deliberately being provocative as he was upset about something , I picked them up and physically moved them somewhere else , to where they should have been and there was a big commotion and they both got fired the next morning 

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I had two security guards outside my Condo playing loud music all night on their smart phone and I politely asked then whether they would wear headphones 

The next night the two security guards outside my Condo were shouting at each other , shouting as loud as they could all night , at 3 AM I went down there to ask them to quieten down a bit . 

They both had headphones on and were playing music full blast and were shouting to each other so they could hear each over over the music from their headphones 

Funny

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up way too early this AM, so took the dog out front for whiz.  4ish AM, and they are dinging the gong at the Wat, shy of 1 km away.

That of course wakes up the area dogs at the Wat, guessing 10 ish, who start harmonizing.  Good for a morning chuckle.  Thankfully can't hear a thing in our house, as 1st time I heard that, and would hate to live close by.

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 10:36 PM, Northstar1 said:

Enjoy your retirement!

Another example of understanding where one is living or moving to--noise, from loud music playing in shopping malls and supermarkets to restaurants, is a staple of Thai life--like it or not, there it is--if that is of major concern, then a house in the country, might be a a bit of an escape--i have lived years in Pattaya, Bkk, Hua Hin and now Cm--alll the same.