Immigration arrivals priority lane for business class passengers?

ThaiNotes

Can business class arrivals still bypass the horrendous immigration queues on arrival?

I know airlines stopped handing out priority passes years ago, but is there currently any equivalent? FWIW I'll be arriving next week on Emirates.

(I'm not over 70, and don't want to pay anything.)

4 hours ago, ThaiNotes said:

Can business class arrivals still bypass the horrendous immigration queues on arrival?

I know airlines stopped handing out priority passes years ago, but is there currently any equivalent? FWIW I'll be arriving next week on Emirates.

Yes.

You show your Business Class boarding pass to the Immigration Officer.

The Fast Track area was reported as being in the renovation process recently and fast tracks were being processed to one side of the main immigration hall, so you may have to look out for it if that's still the case.

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

The Fast Track area was reported as being in the renovation process recently and fast tracks were being processed to one side of the main immigration hall, so you may have to look out for it if that's still the case.

Came back in on Saturday night and noticed overhead signs for "Fast Track" on way to immigration. It seems to be between the two different immigration halls. Didn't pass it and don't know the requirements to use it. Suspect first/business class boarding pass needed.

(I'm not over 70, and don't want to pay anything.)

Yes, you just need to keep hold of your boarding pass.

And generally there are no horrendous queues.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yes, you just need to keep hold of your boarding pass.

And generally there are no horrendous queues.

I just came through the airport. The "horrendous queues" are freaks and are not the norm at all (I travel a lot and have never had one).

Plane from Singapore was full, had a long walk from gate C2, lots of other people on the walk from other flights. Got to the first arrival hall, there's an electronic sign showing the waiting time at that one and the waiting time at the next one (in this case it said five minutes and two minutes). I carried on to the Fast Track and can report the dedicated Fast Track area is now open again after refurbishment. Straight to a counter (all manned), a cute female IO was very friendly and smiley, I was through in less than a minute.

As I was walking to the baggage carousel and passed the "normal" immigration the guy who was in front of me on the plane came through just ahead of me, so it was faster than walking to Fast Track.  I peeked through, seemed all desks were open and each had maybe two people waiting. It sure beat the throng that greeted me at Changi T1 on arrival on Monday.

So yeah, if you have access to Fast Track use it, but don't be scared about the stories of monster queues, they happen once in a blue moon when there are exceptional circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully can ask related question here.

Flying to Oz next week for couple of weeks.

My return will be into BKK.

Currently have leg issue from operation and using a forearm stick. 

Standing for very long an issue.

How can obtain assistance regarding long que upon arrival.

I'm not trying to beat the que to save time. 

Have concerns.

Thankyou

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully can ask related question here.

Flying to Oz next week for couple of weeks.

My return will be into BKK.

Currently have leg issue from operation and using a forearm stick. 

Standing for very long an issue.

How can obtain assistance regarding long que upon arrival.

I'm not trying to beat the que to save time. 

Have concerns.

Thankyou

You clearly qualify for assistance. Advise requesting now with your airline for a wheelchair (both ends of journey). My uncle and mother recently travelled with me from London to Bangkok. Uncle uses sticks due to dodgy knees while waiting for surgery, mother is 84 and walking 1000+ metres from the plane is too much. I spoke with Thai Airways and they booked wheelchairs each end of their roundtrip flight - there is no cost regardless of travel class though we were economy. We were met off the plane and they were given wheelchairs all the way through to the minivan transport I had booked. We were all taken through priority immigration (even me, sis and two nieces) which avoided standing in the big queues in the main hall. The staff were wonderful and even helped my sister get a sim card while waiting for baggage. On the return they were equally as good. Just one thing to warn about; it was not possible to check them in online - this due to the fact that the airline wants to assess the traveller's ability to board the plane unaided or not, and if in an exit row, can they open the door in emergency.

20221031_113727.jpg

Edited by soi3eddie

14 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Advise requesting now with your airline for a wheelchair (both ends of journey).

First up excellent reply.

I will discuss with airline at departure next week from BKK.

Im trying to avoid the wheelchair.

I can walk couple hundred meters.

Then take a break and continue.

It's more standing in a que that's the concern and that's more likely on my return in couple of weeks.

So indeed will chat with airline (Jetstar) 

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The priority lane is about 90 metres from the entrance to one of the Immigration halls.  The signage now clearly states it's available to Business Class and First Class passengers.  When I used it, there were 5 desk open, each with a queue of about 20 people.  Some of the queues stalled with individuals who had problems problems.  Not an ideal situation.  I possibly would have been better off not using the priority lane, but I still got through quite some time before my luggage arrived at the belt.