Getting Cross-Spoke Motorcycle Wheels Built

XB12X

I have recently bought an immaculate 2020 Yamaha SCR950 with 4,200 km on it, a bike I have wanted since they came out. The one thing I don't like about it are the spoke wheels which take tubed tyres. I want to run on tubeless. It must be possible to get cross-spoke wheels made in Thailand. Has anyone any ideas?

You will be hard pressed to find anyone in LOS who is doing this.

Due to the high cost and limited market very few takers.

Near 117,000 THB

For myself, since I had my fist set of mag wheels, I would never go back to spokes, unless on a pure dirt bike.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Why don't you just stick with what the bike has if they weren't any good they wouldn't sell em, nothing wrong with tubed tyres.

You are far more likely to have a puncture with tubed tyres. At speed, you have a real problem. 

3 hours ago, seedy said:

You will be hard pressed to find anyone in LOS who is doing this.

Due to the high cost and limited market very few takers.

Near 117,000 THB

For myself, since I had my fist set of mag wheels, I would never go back to spokes, unless on a pure dirt bike.

117,000 is a very specific guess. I'm sure it could be done, though. I wouldn't mind a set of high quality mag wheels on it.

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I have never experience that only slow punctures occuring so then you change the inner tube.

I have. Only going 40 mph on a KTM 950 Adventure, but the tyre went down fast, and my back wheel went from side to side. Easily controlled but I wouldn't have liked to have been doing 80 mph. 

1 hour ago, XB12X said:

I have. Only going 40 mph on a KTM 950 Adventure, but the tyre went down fast, and my back wheel went from side to side. Easily controlled but I wouldn't have liked to have been doing 80 mph. 

Well it can happen with tubeless tyre just as quick so what does that lead you to think. 

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it can happen with tubeless tyre just as quick so what does that lead you to think. 

It is far less likely with tubeless rims. It has never happened to me and I have done over 250,000 miles.

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

tubeless rims are readily available here, Takasago EXCEL brand has lots of local presence, easier if you don't need to source a compatible hub and reuse your existing hub

Thanks, digbeth. I'll have a look.

Edited by XB12X

34 minutes ago, XB12X said:

It is far less likely with tubeless rims. It has never happened to me and I have done over 250,000 miles.

So change the fligging bike to a bike that runs tubeless tyres plenty of bike the same as that one.