Can anyone recco a good printer that is available in Thailand ?

Pumpuynarak

4 hours ago, degrub said:

Suggest getting separate laser printer, auto duplex, colour or b&w . B&W is more economical than colour, but if you need colour, no choice but to buy 350 USD of toner cartridges a pop.  

Another B&W laser convert here.  On the very rare occasion I need color, I just email the file to the printing shop a few blocks away.  They print it and I can just pick it up when convenient.

I have a Fuji-Xerox laser 3 in 1 purchased at IT City.  I don't know if they still sell this budget line but I DO NOT recommend them.  A lot of driver issues.  Never played well with Win-10

Edited by dddave

13 hours ago, Thailand J said:

Multi function with wifi DCP 1610W 4990B good enough for me.

I bought this one well over a year ago, and bought a 2nd toner as well, but I am still on my 1st toner. I usually print only a couple of pages a month, mostly addresses of Family members where my Wife sends veggies to via courier, the only time I print a LOT of documents is before I go to Immigration to apply for a new extension :whistling:

On 11/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I've got a Cannon printer. You have to use weekly. Just printed 20 pages to keep the colors flowing.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:12 PM, BKKBike09 said:

Mostly now they seem to be ink tank. If you don't use the printer much, it's a good idea to print a page or two once a week to keep the heads clean. Especially if the printer isn't in a mostly aircon / low dust environment (like an office).

I have never had much luck with Canon / Brother. Bought a Fuji Xerox colour laser 3-4 years ago. Worked great till it didn't; fixed once (something to do with the fuser drum) and then it broke again after 6 months. Maybe because I used generic toner cartridges not genuine. Now using HP ink tank.

One final point to consider: check out whatever printing app is needed for that brand and see whether it does everything you want. We need to print numerous photos on one sheet of paper and some apps won't let you do that (or will only let you print a pre-set number of pics per page, with no re-size options available).

[Note to self: it's Saturday - reading an internet thread about Printers?? - you need to get out more]

That is exactly what i have been doing, printing off a couple of pages per week to try and stop the ink from clogging up.

Its been a failure hence my consideration to switch to a laser printer which i understand does'nt have the problem of clogging up when not used for a considerable time.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:33 PM, Thailand J said:

I have been using Brother lazer printers for a  long time.

Print only, no wifi, HL1110  2590B

Print only, with wifi HL1210W 3590B

Multi-function (print scan copy), no wifi DCP 1510 3990B

Multi function with wifi DCP 1610W 4990B good enough for me.

Cheap toner on Lazada.

I think i'm going to go with this printer TJ, its for sale on Lazada for 4200B.

Now what else would i need to buy ie Toner etc ?

Thanks for any help.

51 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

I believe the toner comes with the printer. Look online for cheap replacement cartridges .

TN-1000 or something like that.....depends on the model.

I have good experience with Brother printers over the years I hope you enjoy using it.

Thanks for your help, i've just ordered it from Lazada.2008447261_BrotherPrinter.PNG.154302bc3efddbbabc78db7f2f860391.PNG

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I've currently got a Canon Pixma G2010 which i'm not happy with as the ink tubes keep blocking up. I use their cleaning/deep cleaning facility all to no avail and i end up taking it to my local service center for them to sort out.

I have the same printer as you and initially encountered the same problem. But I've devised a simple solution. Once a week I open the 'Canon U printer assistance tool' and run a nozzle check. It prints an all colours pattern so it's easy to check that it's working normally. This keeps the ink flowing and prevents it from drying out. The pattern only takes half a page so you can use the same sheet 4 times. 

I've had the printer for 3 years now and it is completely reliable.

• Thumbs Up 1