Can anyone recco a good printer that is available in Thailand ?

Pumpuynarak

I've currently got a Canon Pixma G2010 which i'm not happy with as the ink tubes keep blocking up. I use their cleaning/deep cleaning facility all to no avail and i end up taking it to my local service center for them to sort out.

Now my usage is not very frequent as i only need to print off 3/4 items per month.

Is there a better alternative for me ? i understand that laser printers are much better as they don't block up due to using toner as opposed to ink.

Thanks for any help.

And with Windows 10, I did not have to use the Add Printer wizard, after I connected the printer to the WIFI the printer was already in the list when I wanted to print something. I was pleasantly surprised. (This was both for the Inkjet as the Laser Printer (they can both connect via Wifi))

Ps: For scanning I use a program called Irfanview . I use this so you don't have to install the bloatware that comes with those printers, modern OS already has most of the drivers on-board.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Suggest getting separate laser printer, auto duplex, colour or b&w . B&W is more economical than colour, but if you need colour, no choice but to buy 350 USD of toner cartridges a pop.  

if you need a scanner, get a standalone device if you have space. If you dont need much, the cheapest Canon LIDE scanners do well. And you can store them easily since they are light and thin. 

it used to be that with the HP combo units, if one part broke or was out of ink, the entire device was out of commission. Don’t know if they changed that with recent designs. 

3 minutes ago, degrub said:

ut if you need colour, no choice but to buy 350 USD of toner cartridges a pop.  

True, but you can print 2000+ pages with that so it will, if you don't print that much, last you a long long time

10 minutes ago, degrub said:

Have they fixed the scanning over network for the AIO units ? Use to be you had to be direct connected for scanning to work - OEM software or Irfanview.

No idea sorry as I don't have an AIO, it always has worked perfectly (irfanview that is in combi with scanning) on my PC's

edit: Didn't know there was problem with those

Edited by MJCM

37 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ours is a Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx Color Multi-Function Printer with Duplex/LAN/WiFi (now discontinued). Cost 15,500 in 2018 when we bought it (from Invade).

Does two-sided scanning and printing.

Like other lasers it just prints, first time every time.

EDIT The updated version https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/multi-function-printers/canon/imageclass-mf643cdw-multi-function-colour-printer-print-scan-copy-duplex-lan-wifi-p046838/ is 13,910 at Invade

Same model here, from same shop, and probably the same price. But also a sturdier HP color MFP. Both are very reliable, the built-in functionality allows you to do things without turning on the computer (like scanning to USB, printing PDFs from USB, scanning to email, scanning to cloud), and are much better than Brother when it comes to printing from mobile devices and Mac. The above Canon model needs Canon Print for Business app, HP needs nothing. Just Share to printer, or Print (depending on OS). On Brother (unless that changed very recently) you need to first make file a PDF before you open that file form print app to send it to printer.

Not thrashing Brother here. I happily use their label printers and bought several other models over the years, they just don't seem to be as sleek beyond printing from PC than some others are.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Ours is a Canon imageCLASS MF635Cx Color Multi-Function Printer with Duplex/LAN/WiFi (now discontinued). Cost 15,500 in 2018 when we bought it (from Invade).

Does two-sided scanning and printing.

Like other lasers it just prints, first time every time.

EDIT The updated version https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/multi-function-printers/canon/imageclass-mf643cdw-multi-function-colour-printer-print-scan-copy-duplex-lan-wifi-p046838/ is 13,910 at Invade

For mono-color laser I'm using a Brother MFC-L2740DW.  Does everything including 2 sided scan/copy and the extended knock off toner cartridges last forever.  Love it so much I have one in my office in the US.  Be careful when a manufacturer says it's a duplex machine.  Bought what was supposed to be the next revision up from mine and it even said duplex on the box.  Turns out it did only duplex printing, not duplex 2 sided scanning or copying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've currently got a Canon Pixma G2010 which i'm not happy with as the ink tubes keep blocking up. I use their cleaning/deep cleaning facility all to no avail and i end up taking it to my local service center for them to sort out.

Now my usage is not very frequent as i only need to print off 3/4 items per month.

Is there a better alternative for me ? i understand that laser printers are much better as they don't block up due to using toner as opposed to ink.

Thanks for any help.

Mostly now they seem to be ink tank. If you don't use the printer much, it's a good idea to print a page or two once a week to keep the heads clean. Especially if the printer isn't in a mostly aircon / low dust environment (like an office).

I have never had much luck with Canon / Brother. Bought a Fuji Xerox colour laser 3-4 years ago. Worked great till it didn't; fixed once (something to do with the fuser drum) and then it broke again after 6 months. Maybe because I used generic toner cartridges not genuine. Now using HP ink tank.

One final point to consider: check out whatever printing app is needed for that brand and see whether it does everything you want. We need to print numerous photos on one sheet of paper and some apps won't let you do that (or will only let you print a pre-set number of pics per page, with no re-size options available).

[Note to self: it's Saturday - reading an internet thread about Printers?? - you need to get out more]

I have a HP inkjet color printer, and a Brother B&W laser printer. The HP has been  a PITA with ink consumption, and paper jams. I only use it for scanning nowadays.

The Brother toner cartridges are more expensive; however, they last a very long time. It's been a very reliable printer.

I bought the Brother 1610W laser printer from a seller on Lazada for less than 4k THB. I run Linux, so I was concerned about driver support. But it worked like a charm and the Android printer driver works fine too. I needed to copy and scan as well, so this unit is about the cheapest quality multi-function printer on the market. The print quality is not all that great, but if you print in fine quality for anything important, it's quite acceptable.

Paul Laew

Bought an Epson EcoTank L3210 last December for 4290 THB in TukCom. USB connected to Win 10 Laptop. Has ink reservoirs you fill up with bottles of coloured ink. 

Sits in the back bedroom, no AirCon, print approx 15-25 pages a month. No clogging of jets, unlike my previous HP's I've used in the UK.

Ink line has hardly moved since first commissioned. Colour prints the same as when new.

Have been pleasantly surprised, happy to recommend.

Screenshot_20221112-182027_Chrome.jpg.7f8de94b4906ffe2dad2e13114487395.jpg

I have been using Brother lazer printers for a  long time.

Print only, no wifi, HL1110  2590B

Print only, with wifi HL1210W 3590B

Multi-function (print scan copy), no wifi DCP 1510 3990B

Multi function with wifi DCP 1610W 4990B good enough for me.

Cheap toner on Lazada.

• Thumbs Up 1