Last Will and Testament

spider1197

27 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Thanks that one worked, and already enabled for editing all the rest posted were just blank!

Sorry about that Max.....been having a few computer problems!!!!!!!

And as far as I know a Will like this will be acceptable in the UK, and the main thing is to have all the witnesses and signatures correct on the document.

I did a Will for an old friend of mine here who was close to death and hadn't done anything about this, and this was before I had found this current version. However I did find one online and complete it for him and as far as I can recall it was much the same as the one I sent you – – having said that, you can find an online Will (free) in the UK which, although basic, will suffice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Long shot i know, but i wonder if one of these DIY wills would be acceptable in the UK ?

Anything is valid with 2 witness 

"I bequeath all my residual assets after testimentory expenses to John Smith of 2 Acacia avenue."

Only if there is anything complicated do you need professional advice 

Start off with....what have I got, who do I want to leave it to.

Keep it simple.

• Like 1

Do the two witnesses just sign the will. Doesn't a lawyer have to sign and stamp the will to authenticate it. Will a Thai bank accept such a document without a lawyer's official seal? I recently went to a Bangkok Bank in Pattaya and asked what my Thai wife would need to get my assets in the event of my death. She said and official will, or another legal document, which I didn't understand, from a legitimate law office. My Thai wife says not so.  I can make a will leaving her all my assets and sign it along with witnesses. No need for a lawyer to get involved. I don't know how she knows this and I can't help but think you would need some kind of legal verification of signatures.

22 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sorry about that Max.....been having a few computer problems!!!!!!!

And as far as I know a Will like this will be acceptable in the UK, and the main thing is to have all the witnesses and signatures correct on the document.

I did a Will for an old friend of mine here who was close to death and hadn't done anything about this, and this was before I had found this current version. However I did find one online and complete it for him and as far as I can recall it was much the same as the one I sent you – – having said that, you can find an online Will (free) in the UK which, although basic, will suffice.

Thanks for your answer, the reason i wanted this was although i have no assets in the UK it was to make it easier for my Thai wife to be able to transfer money left in my account to her account, we are both with same bank, as i have heard that a bank will hold onto any money for a period of time to make sure any other claimant's can come forward, and a "will" should by-pass this issue ( i hope) as she would be on a limited time UK visitors visa!