Last Will and Testament

spider1197

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Have sent you a basic Thai/English Will template via PM.............let me know if you can open it as a few folk have had a problem doing so.

Could you send it to me as well I would appreciate your assistance ????????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Why sad?

None of us get out of this adventure alive - estate planning is a sensible thing to do. I wrote my first Will when I was 21 years old; it is not about age, it is about ensuring that your wishes are set out correctly.

I hear ya and you are right,  I just keep thinking about all my dead relatives and family,  they are all gone ... I didn't get to see them in the last 10 years or more, they are all dead now and i'm the only one left. They are all gone and left me as one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

I hear ya and you are right,  I just keep thinking about all my dead relatives and family,  they are all gone ... I didn't get to see them in the last 10 years or more, they are all dead now and i'm the only one left. They are all gone and left me as one. 

It is easy to get drawn in to sadness if you dwell on the loss, rather than focus on good memories you have of those people. Despite the inevitability of death, grief (and sometimes survivors guilt) is hard to deal with.

Perhaps losing parents when I was 17 and 19 years old hardened me to 'boxing off' the loss of passing and concentrating on the memories. I still see funerals as a celebration of life rather than a mourning of death. 

The practicality of providing for loved ones makes it easier to view Will making as a living thing rather than a death thing. I have never seen it as being 'one foot in the grave'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

Have sent you a basic Thai/English Will template via PM.............let me know if you can open it as a few folk have had a problem doing so.

Could I prevail on you to PM me a copy? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Xlophone for the recent link to an English/Thai language will.  Now, can you provide a similar link for an English/Thai language Advanced Directive, which I believe is called a Living Will in Thailand; perhaps this is asking too much.

In any case, again, thank you for putting  my mind at ease re: this matter.

P.S. I assume the will your provided is legal in Thailand without any need to consult with a lawyer.

22 hours ago, xylophone said:

Try this ............BUT click on Enable editing at the top of the doc to get a full doc that enables you to enter your own details.

Thai Will template amended.docx17.83 kB · 61 downloads

Thanks that one worked, and already enabled for editing all the rest posted were just blank!