Ho Chi Minh and non O visa experience today

Yes this was for the 12 month multiple entry non O based on marriage visa. I believe they wanted the same for the single entry non O as well because they asked for the bank statements and income before verifying I wanted the 12 month visa. 

Edited by PattayaKevin
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Pattaya Kevin, I am thinking of going there too as a plan B to extending in country. They were really messing with me when i went in to local immigration this time. so I am worried they are going to deny my extension request  on some minutiae or technicality.  How is it getting to the consulate? Is it convenient to guest houses, is public transpo such as taxis good and available?

I like Ho Chi Minh because it's easy to get to, 1 hour 20 minute flight from Bangkok. Yes stay in district 1, taxis are easy I use grab cost is around 2 dollars from most of the hotels. You do need an appointment which is usually 2 to 3 weeks in advance. Savannakhet, Laos seems to be the only option if you don't have financials now. Cost is 200 US dollars in pristine or good condition only for multiple entry 12 month, I believe single 3 month is 80 US dollars. Seems Thailand is just making it harder for foreigners to stay in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Saigon consulate is central.

Best to stay district 1.

Google Bui Vien street.

Stay there. 

Easy to consulate.

Taxis excellent in Vietnam.

From airport jump on yellow bus 109.

Takes you to heart of district 1.

$1 USD.

Airport is very close . 

Saigon consulate is am drop off application and pick up PM next day.

Requires appointment now. 

Thanks or that Dr. Jack sounds good!

56 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

Thanks Pattaya Kevin, I am thinking of going there too as a plan B to extending in country. They were really messing with me when i went in to local immigration this time. so I am worried they are going to deny my extension request  on some minutiae or technicality.  How is it getting to the consulate? Is it convenient to guest houses, is public transpo such as taxis good and available?

Totally agree, i went to extensions during covid and the process was a PITA i can do without.

I'll be off to Savankhet again soon, too easy...

• Like 2

Hello,

since about 2019 when they changed Immigration Laws you are required to show Bank statements for one year showing monthly deposits of 40,000 Baht for Marriage Visa and 65,000 Baht for Retirement Visa or lump sums in your Thai Bank account of 400,000 or 800,000 Baht 60 days prior to visa application and must stay in account 90 days afterwards or of course a combination of cash deposit  and monthly deposit combination are allowed totaling the above amounts listed.  

7 hours ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

One last thing, how do you make the appointment? Looks like do it on the Royal Thai Consulate Ho Chi Minh website, its all typically a bit vague, something to do with visas, but nothing available till Dec 19th, wow! If you had to leave now I guess you'd be getting to know Vietnam waiting for that date to roll on in!

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/appointment-visa-legalization-services?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello,

since about 2019 when they changed Immigration Laws you are required to show Bank statements for one year showing monthly deposits of 40,000 Baht for Marriage Visa and 65,000 Baht for Retirement Visa or lump sums in your Thai Bank account of 400,000 or 800,000 Baht 60 days prior to visa application and must stay in account 90 days afterwards or of course a combination of cash deposit  and monthly deposit combination are allowed totaling the above amounts listed.  

But why immigration still want to see embassy letter about my pension when extending?For 22 years embassy letter was enough for them.Last tuesday at Sriracha immigration they asked also to see 6 months of bank statements.When I asked if they still need the embassy letter they replied "yes'.What about people who don't have  a thai bank account?90% of thai banks ask to see a workpermit.Something not adding up,immigration needs you to have a thai bank account but banks don't want to open accounts to foreigner.Every year they add some more bulls....

6 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

What about people who don't have  a thai bank account?90% of thai banks ask to see a workpermit.

How can you not have a Thai bank account and obtaining annual extensions. 

Perfectly understandable why immigration would want to see proof of monthly transfers (bank statements) with or without embassy letter. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How can you not have a Thai bank account and obtaining annual extensions. 

Perfectly understandable why immigration would want to see proof of monthly transfers (bank statements) with or without embassy letter. 

21 years never needed to show it,embassy letter was enough

• 3 months later...