Caviar on the menu for APEC leaders from the Royal Project Foundation

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-11-17T130042.622.png

One of the dishes too be served at the gala dinner for APEC leaders and their spouses tonight (Thursday) at the Royal Thai Navy Convention Hall is caviar from the Royal Project Foundation.

The caviar is the product of the Doi Inthanon highland fishery research unit of the Foundation, which has spent the 17 years since sturgeon were brought into the country researching whether the cold water fish can survive and spawn in a tropical environment.

After years of trial and error, the Thai researchers have succeeded in breeding sturgeon and producing caviar in commercial quantities. The Thai caviar, to be served to the APEC leaders, comes with an amount of pride, especially for those at the Royal Project Foundation responsible for the caviar project.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/caviar-on-the-menu-for-apec-leaders-from-the-royal-project-foundation/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Usually, such opportunities like conferences, meetings etc. are also being used to present the very best of local goodies from the kitchens and gardens of the host country.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is sturgeon caviar listed as basic staple food, say like Somtam, Khao Nieaw, Laap or Gai Yang? Wondering if the wet market in Udon Thani features caviar in abundance; apart from most likely massively inflated billings to the tax payer .......... 

Ahem,

Caviar comes from a virgin sturgeon,

virgin sturgeon's a very fine fish,

virgin sturgeon needs no urgin',

that's why caviar is my dish.

I fed caviar to my girlfriend,

she was a virgin tried & true,

now that she has tasted caviar,

there in nothing she won't do.

Caviar comes from a virgin sturgeon,

virgin sturgeon's a very fine fish,

virgin sturgeon needs no urgin',