Docs Required for Retirement Stamp

Here is one checklist.  I will look for more current reports done for your info. You will have to save them first in order to open them sorry for that.  This was from last year

Retirement Extension application

This was my first time to use the relatively new process of using the Immigration website to schedule a specific time slot (date and time) for the retirement extension application process, and I like it a lot. Really saves having to get there at the crack of dawn, hang around in long queue lines, and then wait wait wait.  I arrived to Immigration at 9:10 am for a 9:15 to 9:30 appointment slot, was in to see the officer by 9:20 am, and was done with her by 9:35 am, and had my stamped passport back by 10:15 am. Sweet!!!

Can also use the same online appointment schedule process for re-entry permit applications at BKK CW, and for in-person 90-day report filings that are now exclusively done at Immigration's Muang Thong Thani outpost. But NOT, for some reason, to schedule marriage extension appointments...   When you do the online booking route, you do NOT need to obtain a queue ticket at all inside the Immigration Office. You just bring along with you a printout of the emailed appointment confirmation that Immigration has sent you, and then just go to the designated appointments desk at your appointed time.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

The documents required for the retirement extension application were pretty much the same as usual this year at BKK CW, except this year at least, there was no mention of providing copies of 90-day report receipts or TM30 notifications... 

My documents list is as follows:

--Passport with at least 1 year validity remaining

--Completed TM7 form printed on a single sheet front and back. Your color photo pasted on the back side, and your phone number hand written at the top of the back side.

--Financial documentation as required -- 800K Thai bank deposit letter plus original bankbook, OR 65K in monthly foreign transfers into a Thai bank OR an Embassy income affidavit for those who still have or can get one.

Hand signed portrait-orientation photocopies of the following (they want photocopies, they don't seem to like printed scans):

-- Passport face page

-- if you've obtained a new passport anytime, the front pages of that where Immigration has copied over the old visa and stamps info from your old passport.

-- most recent visa or extension stamp

-- most recent arrival/entry stamp

-- airport departure card front and back

-- Hand-drawn or printed map showing the location & address of your home.

Money to pay the 1,900b extension of stay fee.

Last year, the IO gently chewed me out for having pre-signed all my passport photocopy pages, because she wanted to put her ink stamp on them first, which included a specific spot for the applicant's signature. This year, the IO at the appointment desk not so gently chewed out my Thai wife because I had NOT pre-signed all the passport photocopies, and hadn't pre-filled out the several other misc. junk forms they always have you sign... (most of which are not available on the Immigration website for download, but can be requested in paper form from the front information desk at BKK CW.  Dunno what to say about that...

At any rate, I figured I've had enough of their junk forms, and having to beg for them at the info desk. So I got a spare, blank set of them today, took them home, scanned them as PDF files, and will now post them here for anyone else who wants to keep them in hand. As UbonJoe noted to me, this trio of documents are specifically in a format used by BKK CW, and other offices may not use the same docs or use them in different format.

Ret Exten Overstay Penalties.pdf334.19 kB · 0 downloads

Ret Exten Statement 2.pdf1.47 MB · 0 downloads

Ret Exten Statement 3.pdf398.95 kB · 0 downloads

As part of the application process with the IO, I had to sign the overstay penalties sheet, and then hold up the sheet below my chin while she took what struck me as a kind of police "booking photo" of someone who's just been arrested, except in this case, it was Immigration obtaining incontrovertible visual proof that they have given me the penalties sheet and that I had knowingly signed it.  

For me, it's always a struggle to understand what the TH speaking Immigration officers are saying, even when they try their hand at halting English, and it hasn't gotten any easier lately, as they now all have clear plastic type divider sections separating you from them, as well as them of course wearing their CV face masks, which further muffles whatever it is they're trying to say... Glad my Thai wife has better ears than I do....

The new "official" rule for bank deposits relating to retirement extensions is you must have the 800K on deposit TWO months before you application date, and then keep that balance for three months after. Then the rest of the year, the account balance cannot fall below 400K. This year was my first year using the bank deposit method, as last year I was able to use one last final U.S. Embassy income affidavit before that process ended.  So, today, the Immigration officer at the outset, without asking me anything, immediately looks at my bank book that only shows the 800K on deposit for 2 months, and starts complaining what about the prior months... So it took some explaining before she finally understood and registered that I hadn't had the 400K requirement during the past year (but will for the future, of course).

Lastly re the retirement extension, for many years here, Sept. 17 has been my individual annual valid stay until date no matter what date/how early I actually filed my application.  But this year for some reason, I was instead given a new stay until date of November 20th, so I got an extra 30 days added beyond my normal October 20 date.  So YMMV....

Retirement checklist writeup.docx

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Here is one checklist.  I will look for more current reports done for your info. You will have to save them first in order to open them sorry for that.  This was from last year

Retirement Extension application

This was my first time to use the relatively new process of using the Immigration website to schedule a specific time slot (date and time) for the retirement extension application process, and I like it a lot. Really saves having to get there at the crack of dawn, hang around in long queue lines, and then wait wait wait.  I arrived to Immigration at 9:10 am for a 9:15 to 9:30 appointment slot, was in to see the officer by 9:20 am, and was done with her by 9:35 am, and had my stamped passport back by 10:15 am. Sweet!!!

Can also use the same online appointment schedule process for re-entry permit applications at BKK CW, and for in-person 90-day report filings that are now exclusively done at Immigration's Muang Thong Thani outpost. But NOT, for some reason, to schedule marriage extension appointments...   When you do the online booking route, you do NOT need to obtain a queue ticket at all inside the Immigration Office. You just bring along with you a printout of the emailed appointment confirmation that Immigration has sent you, and then just go to the designated appointments desk at your appointed time.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

The documents required for the retirement extension application were pretty much the same as usual this year at BKK CW, except this year at least, there was no mention of providing copies of 90-day report receipts or TM30 notifications... 

My documents list is as follows:

--Passport with at least 1 year validity remaining

--Completed TM7 form printed on a single sheet front and back. Your color photo pasted on the back side, and your phone number hand written at the top of the back side.

--Financial documentation as required -- 800K Thai bank deposit letter plus original bankbook, OR 65K in monthly foreign transfers into a Thai bank OR an Embassy income affidavit for those who still have or can get one.

Hand signed portrait-orientation photocopies of the following (they want photocopies, they don't seem to like printed scans):

-- Passport face page

-- if you've obtained a new passport anytime, the front pages of that where Immigration has copied over the old visa and stamps info from your old passport.

-- most recent visa or extension stamp

-- most recent arrival/entry stamp

-- airport departure card front and back

-- Hand-drawn or printed map showing the location & address of your home.

Money to pay the 1,900b extension of stay fee.

Last year, the IO gently chewed me out for having pre-signed all my passport photocopy pages, because she wanted to put her ink stamp on them first, which included a specific spot for the applicant's signature. This year, the IO at the appointment desk not so gently chewed out my Thai wife because I had NOT pre-signed all the passport photocopies, and hadn't pre-filled out the several other misc. junk forms they always have you sign... (most of which are not available on the Immigration website for download, but can be requested in paper form from the front information desk at BKK CW.  Dunno what to say about that...

At any rate, I figured I've had enough of their junk forms, and having to beg for them at the info desk. So I got a spare, blank set of them today, took them home, scanned them as PDF files, and will now post them here for anyone else who wants to keep them in hand. As UbonJoe noted to me, this trio of documents are specifically in a format used by BKK CW, and other offices may not use the same docs or use them in different format.

Ret Exten Overstay Penalties.pdf334.19 kB · 0 downloads

Ret Exten Statement 2.pdf1.47 MB · 0 downloads

Ret Exten Statement 3.pdf398.95 kB · 0 downloads

As part of the application process with the IO, I had to sign the overstay penalties sheet, and then hold up the sheet below my chin while she took what struck me as a kind of police "booking photo" of someone who's just been arrested, except in this case, it was Immigration obtaining incontrovertible visual proof that they have given me the penalties sheet and that I had knowingly signed it.  

For me, it's always a struggle to understand what the TH speaking Immigration officers are saying, even when they try their hand at halting English, and it hasn't gotten any easier lately, as they now all have clear plastic type divider sections separating you from them, as well as them of course wearing their CV face masks, which further muffles whatever it is they're trying to say... Glad my Thai wife has better ears than I do....

The new "official" rule for bank deposits relating to retirement extensions is you must have the 800K on deposit TWO months before you application date, and then keep that balance for three months after. Then the rest of the year, the account balance cannot fall below 400K. This year was my first year using the bank deposit method, as last year I was able to use one last final U.S. Embassy income affidavit before that process ended.  So, today, the Immigration officer at the outset, without asking me anything, immediately looks at my bank book that only shows the 800K on deposit for 2 months, and starts complaining what about the prior months... So it took some explaining before she finally understood and registered that I hadn't had the 400K requirement during the past year (but will for the future, of course).

Lastly re the retirement extension, for many years here, Sept. 17 has been my individual annual valid stay until date no matter what date/how early I actually filed my application.  But this year for some reason, I was instead given a new stay until date of November 20th, so I got an extra 30 days added beyond my normal October 20 date.  So YMMV....

Retirement checklist writeup.docx 20 kB · 4 downloads

Very helpful, thanks!  That map you have to draw - they never used to require that at Chaeng Wattana (pre-2020 as I recall).  But they do require it down in Koh Samui (where I've extended the past two years).  But in Samui they also require a copy of your lease, landlord's house book, and landlord's ID.  None of that required at Chaeng Wattana?  Also I'm surprised there's no requirement for a TM30.  Others have said it is required at CW and it sure is down in Samui.  Could it be your officer overlooked it?