No more national anthem (Bkk) ?!

daviddunham

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

enough alreay with the doom and gloom. enjoy your life and stop worrying us about events that you have no control over.

I don't care .... I live my life, with or without Thai Anthem... that is soemthing for the Thai people

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe it is start to get a normal life instead the brainwashing... It is no use too as several years ago people stood still, but nowadays nobody anymore... It only shows how far the country has gone done

It doesn’t show that at all whatever that means. Clearly if Bhumibol were still with us people would stop and show respect. 
Dunno about Lumphini, but where I am the anthem is still played at 8am and 6pm. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Up here majority of people would say who cares?

Quite sure a mood change and everybody knows why and everybody afraid to talk about.

Not standing up for the anthem? A silent protest?

It's 8:10 and I heard no anthem from the schoolyard.

But CH3 TV did the ritual as always. Underlying with some patriotic militarized video clip.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 11/21/2022 at 6:43 AM, daveAustin said:

It doesn’t show that at all whatever that means. Clearly if Bhumibol were still with us people would stop and show respect. 
Dunno about Lumphini, but where I am the anthem is still played at 8am and 6pm. 

AND people do stop what they are doing.

On 11/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Up here majority of people would say who cares?

Quite sure a mood change and everybody knows why and everybody afraid to talk about.

Not standing up for the anthem? A silent protest?

It's 8:10 and I heard no anthem from the schoolyard.

But CH3 TV did the ritual as always. Underlying with some patriotic militarized video clip.

The feeling that I see and hear is the difference between the monarchs.  People tend to forget that you are not standing for the person but out of respect for the institution.

I went through many governments in Canada, whereas a voter, I hated the PM and, at times, had little respect for some of the officers I worked for.  

I still saluted them and paid them appropriate respect due to their position and rank.

• Like 1

Not here in The Old City, Chiang Mai. Was on Walking Street Sunday night at 6pm and it started blaring. GF was the first to freeze up. Soon hundreds and hundreds of us pretending to be respectful, like silly statues.

Bunch of BS. Even at high school sporting events when was a kid...a few of us would remain on our asses, which totally incensed the faculty. ????

Here I comply (when with Thais anyway), but this ridiculous power play and controlling of the masses has gotta stop. :1zgarz5:

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The feeling that I see and hear is the difference between the monarchs.  People tend to forget that you are not standing for the person but out of respect for the institution.

I went through many governments in Canada, whereas a voter, I hated the PM and, at times, had little respect for some of the officers I worked for.  

I still saluted them and paid them appropriate respect due to their position and rank.

You saluted your Canadian PM?

Were you in the military?

I salute The Tragically Hip, The Pursuit of Happiness and Bruce Cockburn to name a few fine Canadians.

But the PM....Really?Pretty sure you will find the Thai national anthem unofficially belongs to Rama 9.

Singing it while wearing a crop top doesn't cut the mustard.????????

46 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not here in The Old City, Chiang Mai. Was on Walking Street Sunday night at 6pm and it started blaring. GF was the first to freeze up. Soon hundreds and hundreds of us pretending to be respectful, like silly statues.

Bunch of BS. Even at high school sporting events when was a kid...a few of us would remain on our asses, which totally incensed the faculty. ????

Here I comply (when with Thais anyway), but this ridiculous power play and controlling of the masses has gotta stop. :1zgarz5:

Went there many a time at 6 PM and sat in the food courts having a feed and at 6 PM all the Thais stood up and remained still for the National anthem , as did many of the 

Foreigners , there were a few times when some "rebellious" foreigners remained seated and just continued eating and ignored the National Anthem all all those around him/her.

500 people all standing and remaining still for one minute , and they just continued eating sitting down *Not my Country , not my whatever " .

I did go over and speak to them a few times , telling to them either stand up or go back home 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not really any of your business though, was it? ????

I often used to see tourists sitting down for the N.A unaware what was going on, and I would often tell them and they were usually thankful for being informed 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Went there many a time at 6 PM and sat in the food courts having a feed and at 6 PM all the Thais stood up and remained still for the National anthem , as did many of the 

Foreigners , there were a few times when some "rebellious" foreigners remained seated and just continued eating and ignored the National Anthem all all those around him/her.

500 people all standing and remaining still for one minute , and they just continued eating sitting down *Not my Country , not my whatever " .

I did go over and speak to them a few times , telling to them either stand up or go back home 

Well hope that made u feel better. Haha

I'm with them...not my whatever. Finally the students here are waking up and rebelling against the nonsense. Takes rebellious people to get change. Last movie I went to in BKK (before Covidiocy), many Thais remained seated during you know what. Was proud of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1