School requiring 3 day notice before leaving Chiang Mai Province

DrPhibes

My child goes to a higher end International School here in CM and we just received notice a couple of days ago that there is now a requirement to report if you are going to leave Chiang Mai Province at least 3 days before you go and to report where you are going.  Anyone else seen this?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

I got a similar notice and found it was not for everyone, it was only for people who have school related visas.  School Student visas and school related visas for parents and guardians.

They said it is a new requirement from the Immigration folks.

My guess is school visas are being taken out & used more like a tourist visa - basically getting abused; and they are trying to curb the practice.....

They will probably work to enforce that education, school visa holders are doing what the visa is designed to provide for.... 

Maybe there's trackable history causing a disconnect between immigration & school authorities.....

• Like 2

Definitely an immigration status/visa issue. I dated an immigrant from a neighboring country and she needed permission to leave cm provenance whenever we took a trip. We had to travel to her amphur to get a 24 hour advance permission. Its assumed you’re here on a visa behalf of your child. I dated a Chinese national under the same circumstances, she didn’t want to deal with getting permission.

Edited by novacova