Looking Ahead to 2023

cmjc

Indeed, especially with the advance of AI...

Notice the comment that even google executives have resigned because of the evil of "Singularity" in 2029. It's "omniscience" caused them to comment in disgust,

"We've created god!"

...and walk away from Google.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:25 PM, cmjc said:

Indeed, especially with the advance of AI...

Notice the comment that even google executives have resigned because of the evil of "Singularity" in 2029. It's "omniscience" caused them to comment in disgust,

"We've created god!"

...and walk away from Google.

AI has the potential to be either the saviour of mankind, or it's destruction. If used for the benefit of all it'll be good, but I fear the rich will use it to get even richer and suppress the unwanted masses.

At least one benefit IMO will be the end of movie stars that think they are important. With AI no need for a real actor. Anime movies only need voice actors, which will be eliminated by AI, and Avatar showed that real actors are not needed.

Imagine being able to tell your AI computer to make a movie based on an idea you had- done in a jiffy.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, cmjc said:

As John Whithead points out in the audio above, AI is being financed by very rich, and very evil characters with control and eugenics as the goal: Not altruism. ????

Get ready for what's coming.

I doubt any of us really know what is coming to be ready for it. However, like I learned in scouts- be prepared ( as much as possible ).

On 11/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

And, if the rich don't suppress the masses, then they shall surely oppress the masses, as usual. 

Might one expect anything less?

As this has been the universal manner for ages.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

With AI no need for a real actor.

Think Marlon Brandos characters could be made with AI - On the Waterfront for just one example.

Or Al Pacino in Scarface ? Or Clint Eastwood in the Spaghetti Westerns ? Or Dirty Harry - gonna have Elmer Fudd do "Did he fire 6 shots or only 5 ?"

Some cartoon character can do nuance, innuendo, etc ?

On 11/26/2022 at 5:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

AI has the potential to be either the saviour of mankind, or it's destruction. If used for the benefit of all it'll be good, but I fear the rich will use it to get even richer and suppress the unwanted masses.

At least one benefit IMO will be the end of movie stars that think they are important. With AI no need for a real actor. Anime movies only need voice actors, which will be eliminated by AI, and Avatar showed that real actors are not needed.

Imagine being able to tell your AI computer to make a movie based on an idea you had- done in a jiffy.

While it's true that AI has the potential to be used for both good and bad purposes, it's important to remember that it is ultimately a tool that can be used in a variety of ways. In the case of movie stars and actors, it's possible that AI could be used to create more realistic and lifelike characters in films, but it's unlikely that it would replace the need for human actors altogether. After all, acting is not just about reading lines and reciting dialogue, it's about bringing a character to life and connecting with an audience on an emotional level. That is something that AI, no matter how advanced it may become, is unlikely to be able to do.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, seedy said:

Think Marlon Brandos characters could be made with AI - On the Waterfront for just one example.

Or Al Pacino in Scarface ? Or Clint Eastwood in the Spaghetti Westerns ? Or Dirty Harry - gonna have Elmer Fudd do "Did he fire 6 shots or only 5 ?"

Some cartoon character can do nuance, innuendo, etc ?

Of course an AI can reproduce Brando or Pacino. It's all just pixels and AI can do anything.

Perhaps cartoon characters are limited in nuance, but modern Anime characters certainly can do anything a live actor can. Graveyard of the Fireflies had the audience crying.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:07 AM, goloeilmanz said:

While it's true that AI has the potential to be used for both good and bad purposes, it's important to remember that it is ultimately a tool that can be used in a variety of ways. In the case of movie stars and actors, it's possible that AI could be used to create more realistic and lifelike characters in films, but it's unlikely that it would replace the need for human actors altogether. After all, acting is not just about reading lines and reciting dialogue, it's about bringing a character to life and connecting with an audience on an emotional level. That is something that AI, no matter how advanced it may become, is unlikely to be able to do.

Given AI when it exists ( it doesn't yet ) will be as intelligent as a human, it will be able to reproduce human emotions on screen. Anime characters already induce an emotional response in the audience and they are not even near AI capability.

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course an AI can reproduce Brando or Pacino. It's all just pixels and AI can do anything.

Emotions are not pixels -

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given AI when it exists ( it doesn't yet )

I think a mind needs to be made up

Edited by seedy

6 hours ago, seedy said:

Emotions are not pixels -

I think a mind needs to be made up

Ah, being pedantic I see. I made the mistake of not saying "Of course an AI will be able to reproduce Brando or Pacino. It's all just pixels and AI will be able to do anything.

What we see on an electronic screen is indeed pixels, and given how much CGI is used in movies now they are a lot of pixels.

Given that we bring our own experience to a movie, emotion is indeed evoked by pixels in formation.

Have you even watched an emotional Anime?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's all just pixels and AI will be able to do anything.

So dialogue is pixels ? Soundtrack just pixels ? Sound effects ?

Nuance can be expressed visually - or are other means of doing so in movies ?

Keep Diggin'

9 hours ago, seedy said:

So dialogue is pixels ? Soundtrack just pixels ? Sound effects ?

Nuance can be expressed visually - or are other means of doing so in movies ?

Keep Diggin'

Still banging that drum I see.

Every thing we see can be reduced to pixels, everything we hear reduced to vibrations- all already capable of being manipulated by a machine to resemble real people.

The only difference when AI comes to be is that instead of someone wearing a special suit to give the computer something to work on, green screen and hundreds of people working on bits of the movie the machine will be able to do the entire thing without any human involvement other than telling the machine what to do.

Given that you apparently don't know that even Anime movies can evoke emotion, I guess your movie experience is somewhat limited.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Still banging that drum I see.

Every thing we see can be reduced to pixels, everything we hear reduced to vibrations- all already capable of being manipulated by a machine to resemble real people.

The only difference when AI comes to be is that instead of someone wearing a special suit to give the computer something to work on, green screen and hundreds of people working on bits of the movie the machine will be able to do the entire thing without any human involvement other than telling the machine what to do.

Given that you apparently don't know that even Anime movies can evoke emotion, I guess your movie experience is somewhat limited.

Ah - so now it is pixels AND vibrations - 555

Anyone who does not know that actors bring so much more to a performance than 'pixels and vibrations' I submit is the one with a 'limited' experience.

And I stopped watching cartoons - animations - back around Snow White days.

Talking about real live people acting like real live people.

20 hours ago, seedy said:

Ah - so now it is pixels AND vibrations - 555

Anyone who does not know that actors bring so much more to a performance than 'pixels and vibrations' I submit is the one with a 'limited' experience.

And I stopped watching cartoons - animations - back around Snow White days.

Talking about real live people acting like real live people.

Given you obviously don't watch anime movies there is zero point in replying to you, as IMO you have zero knowledge of what is happening in movies.

Ever heard of the Avatar movies?

Bye.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given you obviously don't watch anime movies there is zero point in replying to you, as IMO you have zero knowledge of what is happening in movies.

Ever heard of the Avatar movies?

Bye.

Seems actors in will still be employed - except in Animations, where they never existed anyway. My view - Cinema's artistry lies in its ability to paint either a formalistic or a realistic picture of what the human experience is. Developing AI technologies that would instantaneously generate a film is troubling in the sense that the essence of cinema may truly be lost in the shuffle.

In this article, we’ll focus on five uses of AI in film:

Scheduling/pre-production

Scriptwriting

Visual effects

Trailer creation

Music composition

https://www.aiacceleratorinstitute.com/artificial-intelligence-in-film-5-uses-you-need-to-know/

2 hours ago, seedy said:

Seems actors in will still be employed - except in Animations, where they never existed anyway. My view - Cinema's artistry lies in its ability to paint either a formalistic or a realistic picture of what the human experience is. Developing AI technologies that would instantaneously generate a film is troubling in the sense that the essence of cinema may truly be lost in the shuffle.

In this article, we’ll focus on five uses of AI in film:

Scheduling/pre-production

Scriptwriting

Visual effects

Trailer creation

Music composition

https://www.aiacceleratorinstitute.com/artificial-intelligence-in-film-5-uses-you-need-to-know/

Given actual AI does not yet exist you are talking about computerisation.

AI that can independently generate a movie that is as real as the real thing is some way off. Likely it will happen, but probably not in my lifetime.

https://towardsdatascience.com/no-artificial-intelligence-doesnt-exist-yet-3318d83fdfe8

No, Artificial Intelligence doesn’t exist (yet)

Much of what is pictured as A.I. is just Statistics and advanced Machine Learning.