Police search for woman seen last month in Narathiwat in car bomb vehicle

snoop1130

133131.jpg

Thai police have been trying to locate a woman who was seen driving the pickup truck used as a car bomb yesterday (Tuesday), which passed through a police checkpoint in Lamphu sub-district of Narathiwat’s Mueang district on October 6th.

The vehicle was parked in the compound of a police apartment block in Mueang District. Shortly afterward, the explosive device in the vehicle detonated, killing a police officer and injuring other 36 people, mostly family members of police living in the apartment.

The first and second floors of the apartment building, which housed about 70 families, sustained heavy damage from the force of the explosion. 10 or more motorcycles were also damaged.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-search-for-woman-seen-last-month-in-narathiwat-in-car-bomb-vehicle/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-11-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

If this woman was replaced by some guy who had a stolen or home made police uniform, well yes good luck .

I hope that there was some DNA that survived the blast, but I would  doubt, there would be any of that.

I feel sorry for the people  who have to live with this situation every day, and for the people killed in this attack, 

especially for the children.

2 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I feel sorry for the people  who have to live with this situation every day, and for the people killed in this attack, 

especially for the children.

I have lived in Narathiwat for over six years now, and this was the first explosion in town since I moved here. It's not exactly a daily occurrence. This was one of those waking up moments, when you realize the violence is still a reality. As a farang I have no fear of being attacked for who I am, but I acknowledge how fragile we are as people. One time of being in the wrong place is all it takes.

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

I have lived in Narathiwat for over six years now, and this was the first explosion in town since I moved here. It's not exactly a daily occurrence. This was one of those waking up moments, when you realize the violence is still a reality. As a farang I have no fear of being attacked for who I am, but I acknowledge how fragile we are as people. One time of being in the wrong place is all it takes.

Like a zebra crossing... life's a lottery.

• Like 1