Cannabis flowers become controlled herb - smoking rooms hit but little else changes

webfact

44 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

That Guy still confuses me, is he an Member of parliament or an army osifer,  talk about double standards, a good nip&tuck would be a good move.lol

All Thai gov. workers have to wear their uniform on Mondays, Teachers, Tax officers etc. ALL of them, very bizarre to me as well...

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, other than classifying Cannabis Flowers as a "Controlled Herb" -  a new category - with no new controls. Not much to see here. Carry on.

Google Translation of new order gazetted yesterday....

The wait is over! Announcement of the Ministry of Public Health to provide bouquets of marijuana flowers It is a controlled herb and has been published in the Government Gazette. Do not sell to children, pregnant women, students. Do not advertise for commercial purposes. It is forbidden to sell for smoking in the establishment. Do not sell through vending machines.

On November 23, 2022, reporters reported that at the Royal Gazette website has published the announcement of the Ministry of Public Health on controlled herbs (marijuana) B.E.
Whereas it is expedient to revise the Notification of the Ministry of Public Health on Controlled Herbs (Marijuana) B.E. 2565 dated 16 June 2022 that has declared marijuana as a controlled herb valuable for study or research. or economically important to suit the current situation In addition, there has been a change in the regulatory system. Category 5 narcotic marijuana is a controlled herb during that transition. Only the inflorescence portion of cannabis should be controlled to prevent misuse of the purposes of protection and promotion of herbal utilization.
By virtue of Section 4 paragraph one, Section 44 and Section 45 (4), (5) and (6) of the Protection and Promotion of Thai Traditional Medicine Wisdom Act, B.E. 2542 (1999), the Minister of Public Health With the advice of the Committee on the Protection and Promotion of Traditional Thai Medicine Wisdom at its meeting No. 99-4/2022, the following announcement was issued.
Item 1 To repeal the Notification of the Ministry of Public Health Re: Controlled Herbs (Marijuana) B.E. 2565 dated 16 June 2565.
Item 2 gives marijuana, which has the scientific name Cannabis sativa L, family Cannabaceae, including other scientific names. synonymous only part of the inflorescence is a controlled herb
Clause 3. Any person who wishes to study, research, export, sell or process controlled herbs for commercial purposes. This can be done only after obtaining a license under section 46 and the licensee must comply with the following conditions:
1) Those licensed to study, research, export, sell or process controlled herbs for commercial purposes must: Provide information on sources, uses and amounts stored at the workplace. and provide information reports to the Registrar in the form prescribed by the Director-General.
2) Licensees to export controlled herbs for trade Export details must be notified. per licensor on a case-by-case basis according to the form prescribed by the Director-General
3) Do not sell controlled herbs. or processing controlled herbs for commercial purposes to people of the age under twenty years Pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding
4) Do not sell controlled herbs. or processing controlled herbs for commercial purposes to students student
5) Prohibit the sale of controlled herbs for smoking in the workplace. except for distribution by medical practitioners According to the law on the medical profession Thai traditional medicine practitioner Practitioner of Applied Thai Traditional Medicine Indigenous healers who have been certified according to the Ministry of Public Health Regulations on Indigenous Healers Certification B.E. 2562 and the amendments. According to the law on profession Thai traditional medicine Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner According to the law on practice of the art of healing and dental professionals according to the law on dental profession used to treat their patients. or a veterinary practitioner According to the law on the veterinary profession used to treat animals
6) Do not sell controlled herbs. or products processed from controlled herbs for trade Via automatic vending machines (Vending Machine) through electronic channels or computer networks
7) Advertising of controlled herbs is prohibited in all commercial channels.
???? Do not sell controlled herbs. or products processed from controlled herbs for commercial purposes in the following locations:
(a) a temple or a place for performing religious ceremonies
(b) a dormitory under the law on dormitories
(c) Public parks, zoos and amusement parks.
4. The licensee under section 46 must stay before the effective date of this announcement. only in the part that is controlled herbs according to this announcement Must also comply with the conditions specified in Clause 3 of this announcement.
5. Reporting form and detailed notification form for export of controlled herbs individually It shall be in accordance with the form prescribed by the Director-General.
6. This announcement shall come into force from the day following the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.
Announced on 11 November 2022
Anutin Charnvirakul, Minister of Public Health

I'll wait until the above comes out in paperback before I read it. 

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I'd rather have the death penalty

Is their anything that I can do to help? ????

Probably not.

You need to understand Thailand and it's political environment.

Edited by MrJ2U

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Previously on June 16th it was the whole plant but following a free for all a compromise has been reached until the Cannabis Act comes into law next year.

Anutins legacy, planned out from the very start.

13 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I think the strong anti cannabis views amongst the uneducated on this forum  are due to a personality disorder which leads certain unfortunate people to  unquestioningly believe  anything they are told by governments, 

Where did you do your doctorate in nonsense? 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 8:29 AM, webfact said:

Flowers or buds cannot be sold to people under 20, students and undergraduates, as well as pregnant women.

So shops need to ask either for ID, student ID or if no visible belly for doctors certificate?

Dream on, this is Thailand.... Everything's going to continue as it was and will never change

One change that may make a difference to how recreational users are behaving is that the gazette order now restricts the consumption of cannabis products on the premises unless it is for medical purposes.

This means that cafes connected to shops selling weed will have to stop allowing people to smoke or vape it on the premises. 

Shops have solved this problem already: There is a doctor or pharmacist on duty or at least hanging some certificate on the wall that he's working there sometimes. So the consumption is for medical purpose based on his/her prescription for the symptoms of the consumer / patient,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, bobbin said:

What news are you reading?

Certainly not the news that I'm reading

Because your assertion isn't correct..

????

From the OP-article...:whistling:

One change that may make a difference to how recreational users are behaving is that the gazette order now restricts the consumption of cannabis products on the premises unless it is for medical purposes.

This means that cafes connected to shops selling weed will have to stop allowing people to smoke or vape it on the premises

• Like 1

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

From the OP-article...:whistling:

This means that cafes connected to shops selling weed will have to stop allowing people to smoke or vape it on the premises

Huge difference from your original statement..

"If you read the news, you cannot smoke it..."

Only change being that you can not  smoke on the premises of the shop selling..

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobbin said:

Huge difference from your original statement..

"If you read the news, you cannot smoke it..."

Only change being that you can not  smoke on the premises of the shop selling..

–and that is – shops selling cannabis – what the OP post is about and my comment...:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Aren't students undergrads?

Not if they are not at university!

From the OED;

undergraduate 
n    noun a university student who has not yet taken a first degree.

Edited by DezLez

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Hmm, I was an undergraduate student at university.

So what?

Undergraduates are/were students but not all students are/were undergraduates!

I may have been a student of many subjects but may have never an undergraduate!

As an (ex) undergraduate student I thought you would been educated enough to know the difference!

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm pretty sure its part of some sort of standard  psychological control technique , the purpose of which is to promote obedience and compliance and a sense of "belonging"  amongst the  uniform wearers, and to remind the common people who is in charge. It no doubt originates from the military, who know a thing or two about getting people to do as they are told,. It is no accident that it happens regularly, and I think there is a requirement for them to wear uniforms on days of national significance and when being visited by certain "V.I.Ps"

I could never understand the militaries obsession with polished boots and shiny buttons etc but its obviously part of the same control technique ,  worked well enough in the 1st and 2nd  world war  to persuade soldiers to leave the relative safety of the trenches or landing craft and run head first into machine gun fire and almost certain death, just  because someone in "authority" told them to.   So I would guess its quite effective in helping to control civil servants and as such serves to facilitate  keeping the wider population in check.

You have obviously never served in the military of any country and all serving and ex-service men and women of all nations will find your remarks as extremely offensive!