Street dogs captured and transferred to shelter after allegedly damaging cars in Chonburi

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: ข่าวคนชล

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Sattahip, Chonburi — A dozen street dogs inhabiting a parking lot in Chonburi’s Sattahip district were anesthetized and taken to a dog shelter after reportedly causing mischief while chasing cats.

The dogs (9 male and 3 female) were captured on Wednesday, November 23rd, following CCTV footage of them chasing 4-5 cats around vehicles parked at a parking lot at the Sattahip fresh market.

The naughty dogs were clearly seen bitting at and scratching vehicles while they tried to attack their more nimble enemies.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/24/street-dogs-captured-and-transferred-to-shelter-after-allegedly-damaging-cars-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

That's exactly what happens....we see strange dogs in our area quite often....the locals know.

I see lots of "strange" things in my area.

The locals seem to understand, but I'm usually in the dark.

Climbing on roofs and shouting seems to be popular at the moment.????????

• Haha 1

Thailand is 70 years behind civilised countries in their dealing with dogs.  Thais will wear masks (but not helmets) through fear of infection yet allow millions of gallons of dog p1ss and thousands of kilos of dog <deleted> to be deposited on sois/school playgrounds and carparks DAILY!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thai religion beliefs doesn't allow for animals to be killed or put to sleep, (never minds  that doesn't stop them from killing everything else and specially each other), soi dogs been a problems for many years, mostly where some people still feed them with kitchen scraps...

Gotta get that front row seat in the next life..

• Like 1

Animal ambulance in Pattaya. A soi dog in my area was hit by a car and had a badly broken leg. The ambulance turned up, staffed by a mixture of farangs and Thais. They took hours to coax the dog into accepting help because they didn't want to cause additional damage. Much kudos to these guys.

20221018_162052.jpg

20221018_162207.jpg

• Like 1

After punishment was meted out, the 2 recipients of vehicular damage, a British gentleman and Chinese lady were further quizzed about their determination of the guilty party and car purchase decisions.

They said they had chosen Rover, O'r a Good Cat - respectively.

8 hours ago, jcmj said:

They should come up to Pratumnak hill they are everywhere and chase cars and motorcycles. This idea of just taking them away neutering or spaying them and dropping them back off doesn’t work. They have killed several neighbors cats. It’s only time till they go after a kid. Love dogs, just not the pesky street dogs. 

In the last 6 months I have known of three farangs getting bit by dogs, one of these guys badly, he said never felt pain like it.

Be interesting to know how many the hospitals treat for bites

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Animal ambulance in Pattaya. A soi dog in my area was hit by a car and had a badly broken leg. The ambulance turned up, staffed by a mixture of farangs and Thais. They took hours to coax the dog into accepting help because they didn't want to cause additional damage. Much kudos to these guys.

20221018_162052.jpg

20221018_162207.jpg

Is this a charity serviced by volunteers?

21 hours ago, Seppius said:

In the last 6 months I have known of three farangs getting bit by dogs, one of these guys badly, he said never felt pain like it.

Be interesting to know how many the hospitals treat for bites

Be interesting to know how many the hospitals treat for bites.....They ALL Will,So Long as You got the Money to pay them !!

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Be interesting to know how many the hospitals treat for bites.....They ALL Will,So Long as You got the Money to pay them !!

Sorry you got me wrong, I meant how many "cases" of bites they have treated

On 11/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, ozimoron said:

20221018_162052.jpg

20221018_162207.jpg

Idiotic waste of time, there is nothing special about dogs, less so for soi dogs with broken limbs from being a traffic hazard. They should have put it down.

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Idiotic waste of time, there is nothing special about dogs, less so for soi dogs with broken limbs from being a traffic hazard. They should have put it down.

Odd that some support religious beliefs when it suits them and not otherwise.