Jump to content

if you change your flight after applying for tourist visa do you have to re-apply?


Recommended Posts

Normally not a problem.

The flight number and etc would not be shown on the visa when it is issued.

Only if the embassy or consulate when processing the visa application checked to see if you flights mentioned were valid would it be a problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally not a problem.

The flight number and etc would not be shown on the visa when it is issued.

Only if the embassy or consulate when processing the visa application checked to see if you flights mentioned were valid would it be a problem.

for visa exemption is a real flight ticket out needed or is an itinerary good enough?

like if i cancelled my ticket after buying it and brought that, kind of am thinking of booking a flight 60 days out cause its $600 cheaper, and using a booking receipt showing a flight out in 44 days.

 

do they normally check?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

or visa exemption is a real flight ticket out needed or is an itinerary good enough?

like if i cancelled my ticket after buying it and brought that, kind of am thinking of booking a flight 60 days out cause its $600 cheaper, and using a booking receipt showing a flight out in 44 days.

The airline may ask to see ticket out within 45 days (or maybe 30 days if their info is not up to date).

You could get a temporary onward ticket online for around $14. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The airline may ask to see ticket out within 45 days (or maybe 30 days if their info is not up to date).

You could get a temporary onward ticket online for around $14. 

is the onward ticket a real ticket that just gets cancelled later? or it a ticket that's immediately cancelled giving you a "receipt"/confirmed booking?

 

I have a confirmed booking from a booking i just made and cancelled so i could switch to a cheaper flight, air canada has a weird system, even though the ticket you're switching to is $600 cheaper they only want to give me $80 refund lol, said i have to cancel it and rebook to get the full discount even though i just booked it 1 hour ago

Edited by dj230
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

is the onward ticket a real ticket that just gets cancelled later? or it a ticket that's immediately cancelled giving you a "receipt"/confirmed booking?

It is real confirmed flight and it is valid for around 24 hours from the date you put for your date of departure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is real confirmed flight and it is valid for around 24 hours from the date you put for your date of departure.

interesting, thanks for the tip, it seems to cut the hassle of fronting a payment but similar to what you can do via booking a ticket at the airline as they have to refund you if you cancel within 24h, at least in canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

interesting, thanks for the tip, it seems to cut the hassle of fronting a payment but similar to what you can do via booking a ticket at the airline as they have to refund you if you cancel within 24h, at least in canada.

if you know how to find a cancellable ticket that's fully refundable then go for it. assuming you don't go straight to the bars after landing and forget to cancel it.

 

another school of thought says that being asked for onward ticket by airline is a lottery and that if you do get asked you can annoy the check-in clerk and hold up the line by asking to see a supervisor and then sign a waiver indemnifying the airline.

 

me, I couldn't be bothered with all that nonsense so i just use onwardticket(dot)com. it's a real, verifiable booking that auto-cancels after 48 hrs. US$14.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

if you know how to find a cancellable ticket that's fully refundable then go for it. assuming you don't go straight to the bars after landing and forget to cancel it.

 

another school of thought says that being asked for onward ticket by airline is a lottery and that if you do get asked you can annoy the check-in clerk and hold up the line by asking to see a supervisor and then sign a waiver indemnifying the airline.

 

me, I couldn't be bothered with all that nonsense so i just use onwardticket(dot)com. it's a real, verifiable booking that auto-cancels after 48 hrs. US$14.

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind, chances are I’m not leaving in 45 days so I’m going to need to find a way to book a ticket that I can cancel or change 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dj230 said:

for visa exemption is a real flight ticket out needed

 

99% of the past 30 years I've travelled to Thailand on non-confirmed for visa exemption. Booked a date prior to the 30/45 days.

We have moved the ticket coming home many times before the 30/45 days when seats were tight.

Although, once in that time we overstayed a couple of days and paid the fine.

Edited by Youbloodybeauty
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, dj230 said:

interesting, thanks for the tip, it seems to cut the hassle of fronting a payment but similar to what you can do via booking a ticket at the airline as they have to refund you if you cancel within 24h, at least in canada.

I booked my flight for the 12 October and I received my METV by e-mail on the 27 October, didn't have a problem getting on the plane.  I got 3 of my friends that are doing the 45 + 30 days thing and they didn't have any problems getting on the plane either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...