Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce

Maybole

Loads of it on the shelves at Rimping Meechok, bought some 2 days ago. The local Trukey Brand orange label is a decent analogue of the real thing, much better that Kikkoman or others. 

And yes, this is the Chiang Mai forum so all you who post useless replies for Pattaya and stores that we don't have here just wake up and switch on your brains.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Loads of it on the shelves at Rimping Meechok, bought some 2 days ago. The local Trukey Brand orange label is a decent analogue of the real thing, much better that Kikkoman or others. 

And yes, this is the Chiang Mai forum so all you who post useless replies for Pattaya and stores that we don't have here just wake up and switch on your brains.

Thank you, I intended to point out that I am near Chiang mai

9 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

It’s actually a fascinating story of Lea and Perrins Worcester Sauce they created it and it was absolutely rank,so they stored it in the basement and two years later someone found it and tasted it again…

The rest as they say is history!

It was still absolutely rank. Hendersons Relish is the real deal; sadly not available in Thailand .... unless ....

• Like 1

Air Force in Thailand during Vietnam, at NKP, the Thai restaurant near the front gate -- site of many farewell parties and other get togethers -- every table had a bottle of Worcester sauce. Don't recall brand, but this was the preferred sauce to put on our 'cow pad.' I guess fish sauce was a non starter.

Today, I still like Worcester sauce on my Thai food, at some times. Fresh fish sauce, at other times. I would imagine other US bases in Thailand during Vietnam had a similar Worcester sauce experience.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Worcester is in England and that's where the sauce come from 

Well, with that being the case, it's just a matter of luck circa 1776.....

Edited by pgrahmm

52 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I was born in Worcester, Massachusetts= 

I don't think I've ever tasted it....

What am I missing?

It is from England.

A savoury condiment. I use it when making a Cottage Pie, I believe it is also an ingredient in a Bloody Mary.

• Thanks 1