AOT to Add Personnel as International Arrivals Surge

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Well do be honest I arrived on the 19 th and was amazed as to how quick everything was. Zero queues , loads of immigration booths all manned and the whole process was excellent. Something I never thought I'd say about Swampy. Because It was so quick through passport control had to wait for my luggage a bit but still around 30 minutes after getting of plane. Looked like my flight was the only one though that had arrived around then  as the time taken would confirm.

30 minutes wait for luggage.

Try Changi, a very very busy airport, deplane, at passport desk within a few minutes, through passport within a few minutes, pick up luggage 5 minutes later or less, in a taxi 3 minutes later.

It can be more efficient if the Swampy folks applied themselves to continuously forecasting manning needs. They have continuous new data and fast access to historic data. If they wanted to they could be much better at forecasting. 

But is always seems to remain:

- Ohh, there's a problem, how did that happen?

- Lots of 'we're going to' after the event.

- Little real result/improvement.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Lets hope Immigratuon Officials are being trained to give a more welcoming behaviour.

They have always been fair with me, and I have been coming here for over 20 year's. 

1 hour ago, Jiggo said:

They have always been fair with me, and I have been coming here for over 20 year's. 

Me too, however you can find ignorant / rude passport officers in all countries.

Worst I've encountered:

- Most worst was in Houston Texas.

- Second most worst was in New Delhi India.

- Third, Taipie but that was decades back when the government was a military function, at the airport they treated arriving passengers as very naughty ignorant sheep who all needed to be abused and yelled at.  Very different today.

• Like 1

Sorry but China, is not available right now, something about a nasty lockdown.

Try again in 2024. Maybe the world economy will be better by then, ha!

Good thing that Thailand is a tropical country, and a lot of people around the world

like to escape Winter and go to tropical countries.

19 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Absolutely, then depending on the time of day it can take 5minutes or 2 hours to get thru immigration?

When it is busy at arrivals , the queue can stretch down to the bottom of the carpeted slope and is 3 or 4 people wide , so no way to be through in 15 minutes . I no longer have those problems as I take the over 70 s desks at the top of the slope to the right . 15 minute's at the maximum and I have seen a few queue dodgers , from the main hall where it was very busy , get chucked out .

The baggage carousel can be pot luck . I have arrived there to be one of the first waiting for their luggage . Sometimes I have waited half an hour whilst worrying that my luggage is lost . I am wondering if someone else has taken my luggage by mistake because many cases look the same , especially black ones . So I have taken steps to easily I.D. my cases by placing brightly coloured sticky tape , with my name on it . all round the case . Can see it from a long way off . 

I've come through Phuket airport 3 times in the past 7 weeks. There was never a wait of more than 5 to 10 minutes at immigration even though sometimes there were a couple of flights that were unloading passengers at the same time. The fingerprint scanning begins as soon as you walk to the counter and takes about 5 to 10 seconds per hand. There were plenty of booths open.

On 11/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, scorecard said:

Me too, however you can find ignorant / rude passport officers in all countries.

Worst I've encountered:

- Most worst was in Houston Texas.

- Second most worst was in New Delhi India.

- Third, Taipie but that was decades back when the government was a military function, at the airport they treated arriving passengers as very naughty ignorant sheep who all needed to be abused and yelled at.  Very different today.

Worst  New York JFK, in transit to Costa Rica, very rude immigration woman lecturing me about filling the entry form in correctly next time, news for you darling I didn't want to be here anyway....

• Thanks 1

I just came through this afternoon, landing from Vietnam.  The airport was really busy, busier than I have seen it in a long while.

First immigration had a three minute wait posted, second had four. I looked and there were maybe four people at each counter. I had Fast Track access so I used it anyway and was straight through. When I arrived at the carousel my bag was already there so I was straight out. And we'd parked at E10 which is pretty much the farthest gate away!  From leaving the plane to leaving the airport with my luggage was under 20 minutes, possibly the most efficient ever.

The baggage hall was very busy so I expected a long queue for taxis but there was none at all. Plenty of taxis lined up.

More people in the terminal than I have seen in a long while, but the shortest wait for immigration and baggage in a long while too (although I find immigration is generally pretty ok).

On 11/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, scorecard said:

30 minutes wait for luggage.

Try Changi, a very very busy airport, deplane, at passport desk within a few minutes, through passport within a few minutes, pick up luggage 5 minutes later or less, in a taxi 3 minutes later.

It can be more efficient if the Swampy folks applied themselves to continuously forecasting manning needs. They have continuous new data and fast access to historic data. If they wanted to they could be much better at forecasting. 

But is always seems to remain:

- Ohh, there's a problem, how did that happen?

- Lots of 'we're going to' after the event.

- Little real result/improvement.

Got to agree, but comparing Changi with Suvarnabhumi is like comparing a Porsche with a tuk tuk! I am exaggerating, but you get the point?????

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Like 1

Went through Suvarnabhumi at around 1:30am yesterday.  Just a couple of people in each line at Fast Track.   Luggage was quite fast compared to normal.

Regular immigration lanes were posted at 6 minutes and 4 minutes.

Edited by tjintx