Invisible right hand scroll bar.

up2you2

On my Dell monitor display resolution 1920 x 1080, the right hand scroll bar is at times nearly impossible to see on some sites.
Is it possible to reduce the horizontal width of this display, and if so could you please tell me how?

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

A picture and the name of the operating system would be helpful. Also a picture of the screen settings that you have. But could also be a wrong setting at the monitor. Did you check them? 

Thank you.

But could also be a wrong setting at the monitor. Did you check them? 

No how do I adjust the horizontal width please on my Dell monitor?

Screenshot 2022-11-30 111742.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-30 112141.jpg

20 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Thank you.

But could also be a wrong setting at the monitor. Did you check them? 

No how do I adjust the horizontal width please on my Dell monitor?

Screenshot 2022-11-30 111742.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-30 112141.jpg

Here I don't see anything wrong. Would be helpful if you post a picture that shows the scroll bar problem. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Here I don't see anything wrong. Would be helpful if you post a picture that shows the scroll bar problem. 

Here are the requested pictures.

1. Scroll bar not highlighted.

2. Scroll bar highlihted, but this is in fact a good version on Aseannow.com, normally what is visual is far narrower than this, to the degree that I have trouble finding it.

2022-11-30 13.25.19-1.jpg

2022-11-30 13.26.03.jpg

41 minutes ago, up2you2 said:

Here are the requested pictures.

1. Scroll bar not highlighted.

2. Scroll bar highlihted, but this is in fact a good version on Aseannow.com, normally what is visual is far narrower than this, to the degree that I have trouble finding it.

2022-11-30 13.25.19-1.jpg

2022-11-30 13.26.03.jpg

I understand the problem now. Which browser are you using? 

But perhaps this helps already:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-scrollbar-width-in-chrome-and-firefox

Edited by Mickeymaus

20 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I understand the problem now. Which browser are you using? 

But perhaps this helps already:

First up on looking at the Chrome equivalent, huge scroll bar in comparison, this for sure is a Firefox issue - progress.

The following on the recommendation on this site, has had no effect, even when I went up to 5:

• Use the search box to search for widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style preference
  • Now double-click on that preference to change the scrollbar width. You can enter any number from 0 to 5. Just add a number and press the Enter key or click on the Save (Blue tick) button.

I am a total IT idiot but had a very similar problem. Mine turned out to be size. Maybe try slightly decreasing your font size. Hit control and the minus key one time and see if it appears. This works for me. Fixed it all after hours of messing around. While you are doing this you can see what percent you are on of the size. 

3 hours ago, up2you2 said:

First up on looking at the Chrome equivalent, huge scroll bar in comparison, this for sure is a Firefox issue - progress.

The following on the recommendation on this site, has had no effect, even when I went up to 5:

• Use the search box to search for widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style preference
  • Now double-click on that preference to change the scrollbar width. You can enter any number from 0 to 5. Just add a number and press the Enter key or click on the Save (Blue tick) button.

User a bigger number say 40, you will see the scroll bar gets bigger.

Without changing the scrollbar size you could also try:

"widget.non-native-theme.enabled" and set it to false.

Edited by userabcd

16 hours ago, userabcd said:

Firefox:

about:config

### for my scrollbar width

widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.size.override 20

### for my scrollbar shape

widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style 1

First class, got a result, truly grateful, your post finally resolved my problem - thanks.