Video: Tourist police crack down on women AND transgenders on Pattaya's Beach Road

webfact

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"........families, children and normal people"

Pattaya has always been a destination renowned for one thing, and it is not the temples!

As far as your comment is concerned, I don't think "normal people" is a very good choice of words!

And if I were taking my family to Thailand on holiday, I can think of a few better "family orientated"  destinations than Pattaya - no matter what the Pattaya "bureaucracy" says! 

We visit Pattaya twice a year or so, we live in the North. We usually stay in Naklua or at the Holiday Grim in North Beach. We go to the beach in Sattahip and do our shopping and dining in Pattaya where there is plenty of variety and the standards  are good. We're normal, we don't do the bar scene so maybe we're not that normal but we do like to stroll down the beach in the evening and would prefer not to run the gauntlet in doing so. There are loads and loads of people like us except newbie and forum based farangs can't tell the difference between me as a resident of 20 years and my Thai wife of the same, and, a monger with his Issan love interest, they are all the same to that group, foreign male and a Thai female, it's pathetic. If they would but understand it, the percentage of normal folks far outweighs the mongers and whores in Pattaya, far outweighs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Why do the police bother it will never change  its what Pattaya is about 

Known all over world 

That's why people come for the night life in the sex sin city of Thailand 

The holidays are coming and cash is a little tight. The gogos will be offering bonuses to disrupt the competition.

• Like 1

They should crack down on foreign male tourists who are under the impression that Pattaya is the sex capital of the world. Once all those guys are in prison and tourism drops by 90% the government and police can boast of their success.

Of course they don't come for the temples. Either industrialize or set up official brothels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archie Baker said:

No.6 in the best countries to live for expats.  This was not in the poll categories but sure should have been. 

I'm pretty sure there are ladyboys and sex workers in other countries too!  ????  But I agree it deserves its own category

9 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

Is this an effort to eliminate freelancers so as to increase customer demand at girlie bars, which the authorities have interest in?

And there is also the increasing online business as competition. I don't use "entertainers". But I would avoid to pay bar fines. And I guess I am not the only one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Known all over world 

If people get ripped off by LB and ladies then that will be what people hear about and will stay away

Going through this exercise is not only good pr but they can add faces to their scrapbook so it will be easier to catch the theives

It also will gain the assistance of the girls on the street if someone is doing things wrong then they or bf will be interested in looking after it on their own just to keep the cops away.

4 hours ago, shackleton said:

Known all over world 

I ask what would Pattaya be if it wasn't for the sex trade ... it's a Kip. 

Personally I think if you take the sex out of Pattaya it will die a death - especially currently.

The chinese spend no money, the city is NOT tourists friendly - especially to disabled and any kids in a buggy. The paths are straight out of the 3rd world. Pattaya thinks its world class, but in reality its behind every other beach destination I've ever visited. I cannot think of anywhere in Spain that Pattaya beats in beach and family tourist tick boxes

• Like 2

Why the hell not just letting them do their business and always try to mess up and pretend to be in power ? Muppets in unform follow orders of imbecile and corrupt clowns with more stripes. Waste of money and gasoline for their Scoopies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Can the girls not go do their soliciting in places where they are a little less conspicuous, instead of Pattaya's main thoroughfare, a place where families, children and normal people walk to enjoy their holiday? Better still, are there not enough establishments with roofs and four walls where those working girls could go and still easily be found by tourists. I don't think the police are trying to clean up Pattaya at all, I think they are just trying to get the sleaze out from underneath everybody's gaze and force the industry to be a little more discreet. Is that too much to ask.

come on, who in their right mind would take a family to pattaya for a holiday? what does pattaya offer for families; dirty beaches and polluted seas? even without the sex industry there are far better places, for anyone with even the smallest amount of imagination, to holiday in thailand.

26 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

come on, who in their right mind would take a family to pattaya for a holiday? what does pattaya offer for families; dirty beaches and polluted seas? even without the sex industry there are far better places, for anyone with even the smallest amount of imagination, to holiday in thailand.

Gives an opportunity for the man to slip out at night for some quick sex and make an excuse about going out to watch football or something 

• Haha 1