Your Essential Information

dddave

2 minutes ago, dddave said:

You think so?  My friend's wallet was apparently pinched at the scene.  he had no id on him when brought to the hospital.  I happened to call him to chat.  An EW nurse picked up his phone and answered.  That's how they found out who he was.

We later searched his room and no wallet.  That's why we think it was pinched.

Do everybody a favor, Kwasaki.  Same could happen to you.  Make a copy of the license and your pp and put it in a drawer.

If someone stole my motorbike or my truck and my wallet and i was a long way from home in Thailand alone what good is info in a drawer going to do. 

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If someone stole my motorbike or my truck and my wallet and i was a long way from home in Thailand alone what good is info in a drawer going to do. 

I agree, since Thailand is very unlikely that an accident occurs (sarcasm) it would still be useful given the one described above to have a copy of the passport (kept separately from the wallet) with the urgent numbers to call.

2 hours ago, BE88 said:

I agree, since Thailand is very unlikely that an accident occurs (sarcasm) it would still be useful given the one described above to have a copy of the passport (kept separately from the wallet) with the urgent numbers to call.

Hard A4 photocopies carried in bikes and truck which is recommended along with a copies on my mobile.

Wife's mobile numbers in wallet. 

I supposed i should get a tattoo if all is stolen. ????

The OP poses a dilemma. It's fair enough to say people should be able to access essential information in an emergency situation. OTOH, in these days of scammers everywhere, I for one am reluctant to enable them to use said information by making it easily accessible.

My solution is a Thai and Australian will, a joint bank account with my GF to tide her over while she waits for probate, and a password-protected USB stick to be posted to my son in Australia containing financial information.