30 day extension advice please......

Hi all,

Excuse my naivety on this subject, but it'll be my first time at this experience and I don't want to balls it up!

So I'm currently in Thailand, i have a 'Visa on arrival'. This expires 31/12. I'd like to extend it by another 30 days.

I've learned on this forum that i can do this with about 2 weeks left, so thanks for that.

My real concern is the address part when filling out the TM7 form (I popped into Hua Hin immigration today for a sneaky peek and they had a separate slip for the address).

When i go to the immigration on say December the 20th, will I need to book a hotel for the 31/12?

Does it matter how long i've booked it for? (I know it has to be in the same province as the immigration office I'll be extending). 

won't be staying in the same place in January and certainly won't know my itinerary on December the 20th.

Thanks in advance for any tips.........

A 30 day (normally 15 days) visa on arrival cannot be extended. I assume you are actually on a 45 day visa exempt entry.

Immigration may want a TM30 report from where you are staying to the application. Where are you staying now?

There you go, told you i was naive. 

Yes, I guess it is a 45 day visa exempt entry. I'm from the UK and got it stamped in my passport.

Currently in Hua Hin until the 4th Dec. Then 5th-12th on Samui. We're pretty much booking a week or so in advance then moving on......

19 hours ago, ootandaboot said:

When i go to the immigration on say December the 20th, will I need to book a hotel for the 31/12?

No.

What you may need is a TM30.

You mention staying HH.

If stay a night at a hotel check if they file a TM30 (they should) and ask for screenshot of the filing of the TM30.

That should be enough to satisfy immigration. 

Cheers for that Dr Jack.

So in short. For example....

December the 20th, stay in a hotel. Get a screenshot of the TM30. 

December the 21st. Apply for extension. Using that hotels address & TM30 if asked.

(providing I'm applying in same province as hotel address?)

Cheers

2 minutes ago, ootandaboot said:

(providing I'm applying in same province as hotel address?)

Yes. The screenshot provided by the hotel would need to be same province at immigration office.

Does not need to be night prior.

Prior to check in ask hotel if they are filing a TM30 and can provide screenshot.