Govt Certifies 6 Safe Ride-Hailing Apps

snoop1130

1669968904_649841-tnamcot-e1669968932697-768x401.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 2 (TNA) – The government approved six mobile phone applications for people to hail taxis safely with reasonable fares.

Deputy government spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek said that to provide people with access to safe taxi services and fair prices, the Transport Ministry certified the six mobile phone applications that had reasonable fares, informed commuters of fares in advance, guaranteed passengers’ privacy and also insured them as required by law. The six apps are Grab, Robinhood, Hello Phuket Service, Bonku, Asia Cab and Airasia Super App.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1068989

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, emanphoto said:

Bolt didn't make the list for some reason.  ????

So 'certified' means thet have a 'nice' app.

Was there any check/survey about reliability, punctuality, safe driving, politness, lack of touching of female passengers, requests for extra tips, etc.,etc?

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

I just checked the price to go the six kilometers from my home to Mega Bang Na right now with Grab, and it is 201 baht, while Bolt is 126 baht. Maybe that's why Bolt is not on the approved list.

The market has certainly changed in both positive and negative ways.

I think Grab, in particular, has been driving this.

The app gives you main options for Car (higher fixed rate), Taxi (Meter + 20 baht) or JustGrab (car or taxi at higher fixed rate,)

Drivers have figured out, especially taxis, that accepting the JustGrab option is a lot better for them. In my experience as a customer, JustGrab is around 2x the fare for flagging a taxi off the street for the same trip. 

The topic is quite timely, tonight I was out in central Bangkok and when heading home at 10pm, I was finally accepted by my 6th taxi of the street. Despite a long legacy of Bangkok drivers refusing fares, I do wonder if this will increase when they get used to ‘grab’ level fare rates.

Problems remain in this industry…

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, realfunster said:

In my experience as a customer, JustGrab is around 2x the fare for flagging a taxi off the street for the same trip. 

Yes, exactly. In my previous message on this topic, I neglected to mention that this same trip that cost 201 baht with Grab and 126 baht with Bolt cost me only 100 baht with a normal metered taxi when I took one home from Mega when I had a lot of stuff to carry. 

Now though, I mostly take the bus, which is very comfortable - and runs from just in front of my condo right to Mega for just 20 baht.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scorecard said:

So 'certified' means thet have a 'nice' app.

"the Transport Ministry certified the six mobile phone applications that had reasonable fares, informed commuters of fares in advance, guaranteed passengers’ privacy and also insured them as required by law. "

It's right there in the OP what certified means...

Edited by JayClay

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

So bolt or in driver are the lowest price in BKK? With lots of drivers willing to pick you up?  What about from Krabi airport to aunang area?

Bolt is only in the main cities like Bangkok, Phuket, Chiangmai and Pattaya.

23 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Yes, exactly. In my previous message on this topic, I neglected to mention that this same trip that cost 201 baht with Grab and 126 baht with Bolt cost me only 100 baht with a normal metered taxi when I took one home from Mega when I had a lot of stuff to carry. 

Now though, I mostly take the bus, which is very comfortable - and runs from just in front of my condo right to Mega for just 20 baht.

I'm a fan of the bus also and will take when available.

• Thumbs Up 1