Apple Wallet With Bangkok Bank Debit Card?

I read that Google Wallet recently launched in Thailand and that it will now allow you to add cards from two Thai banks: Bangkok Bank and Krungthai Bank. 

I’m not certain though if Google Wallet works with debit cards from these two banks or if Google Wallet only accepts credit cards from these two Thai banks. 

But my question is if anyone has tried adding a Bangkok Bank debit card to an Apple Wallet yet and if it has been successful?

Apple hasn't launched Apple Pay in Thailand yet

The fact that Google has launched Google Pay and can add Thai credit cards to Google Wallet hasn't changed this fact

So far only Thai credit cards can be added, no debit cards yet, but some pre-paid card that appears as credit cards like True Money will be able to be added soon

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify, Apple Pay and Apple Wallet are technically two different things, even though they are both often simply referred to as Apple Pay. 

Apple Pay means making a payment using wireless tap and go on your phone, which then gets charged to you through your Apple ID/account. This does not work yet in Thailand. 

What I meant to say in my previous post is that Apple Wallet allows you to add overseas debit and credit cards to the Apple Wallet on an iPhone and then you can make tap and go payments in Thailand anywhere that they accept contactless tap and go card payments. I have already used this method successfully at 7-11, Villa Market, Tops, Central, Foodland, Big-C, etc. 

Also, with Google Wallet in Thailand you can only add local cards from Bangkok Bank and Krungthai credit cards and not their debit cards according to a recent Bangkok Post article. 

Apple Wallet might come to Thailand soon though to allow local bank cards to be added to the app knowing that Apple Wallet is already operating with local bank cards in many countries in Asia and recently opened up in SE Asia in Malaysia. 

Edited by HugoFastor
Corrections
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1