Prawit Tipped To Get More Votes Than Any Others For PM

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

PALANG PRACHARATH Party leader Prawit Wongsuwan will likely secure more yea votes from among MPs and senators as a partisan candidate for prime minister than any others after the next general election, according to an outspoken senior lawmaker.

Senator Wanchai Sonsiri posted on his Facebook page today (Dec.3) to forecast a majority of 250 senators will likely join ranks with a decisive number of MPs to pick the Palang Pracharath boss for prime minister though the Pheu Thai Party might possibly have the most of the total 500 MPs under their banners after the nationwide election.

Prawit is invariably viewed as “kingmaker” who used to be instrumental in the setting up of the Palang Pracharth-led coalition government and naming of coup leader Prayut Chan-o-cha as unelected prime minister after the 2019 general election.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/03/prawit-tipped-to-get-more-votes-than-any-others-for-pm/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

But will he stay awake long enough to secure the votes I'm afraid Thai politics is a joke surely there must be someone better than this tragedy

Anutin is probably 2nd favourite.

The 3 major Move Forward Party candidates were charged with sedition last week so they have no chance.

Thaksin's daughter won't get Senate support.

And there is Abhisit ... again.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

PALANG PRACHARATH Party leader Prawit Wongsuwan will likely secure more yea votes from among MPs and senators as a partisan candidate for prime minister than any others after the next general election, according to an outspoken senior lawmaker.

Either he's on the payroll or Thailand is doomed.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Anutin is probably 2nd favourite.

The 3 major Move Forward Party candidates were charged with sedition last week so they have no chance.

Thaksin's daughter won't get Senate support.

And there is Abhisit ... again.

What's left of Move Forward will be wiped out in the next election due to the 100 divisor for party list seats. They got most of their seats from the party list under the old system. The final nail in the coffin of the party that dared to be popular with youth and challenge the dinosaurs.

The irony is of course that Pheua Thai will do best from the new electoral system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Anutin's the only viable candidate. Yes, yes, I know he's hated by many on this forum. They've never got over him calling us all dirty foreigners.

Indeed, give the guy a break. There was a mistranslation, and what he said was taken out of context. It is true that Thais shower more than foreigners from cold countries. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, give the guy a break. There was a mistranslation, and what he said was taken out of context. It is true that Thais shower more than foreigners from cold countries. 

And we wear our outdoor shoes indoors, which I've come to view as fairly unhygienic, to say the least.

I remember once asking an educated Thai why it was extremely bad manners to cross your legs in the presence of a monk. His reply - why do foreigners wear their shoes indoors? Bizarrely defensive answer, but there you go.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bradiston said:

And we wear our outdoor shoes indoors, which I've come to view as fairly unhygienic, to say the least.

I remember once asking an educated Thai why it was extremely bad manners to cross your legs in the presence of a monk. His reply - why do foreigners wear their shoes indoors? Bizarrely defensive answer, but there you go.

Not to mention blowing snot into a rag and putting it back into the pocket, disgusting! 

Never show the sole of the foot to anyone, especially a monk.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

If you want my opinion - and I'm sure you don't but here it is anyway - Anutin's the only viable candidate. Yes, yes, I know he's hated by many on this forum. They've never got over him calling us all dirty foreigners. But, in the end, somehow or other, COVID did get dealt with comparatively well on his watch. As well as can be expected considering what he was up against early on. No recent news BTW of SBS.

And as for the cannabis drama. Hats off, sir! Now let's decriminalise gambling, tax it, as in the UK at 10%, and Bob's yer uncle, massive revenue for untold good works! And cleans up the whole rotten online and underground industry, Chinese triads and all.

Prawit? He always reminds me of Toad in Wind in the Willows. Mr Toad, to you.

Ok, asbestos suit and tin helmet donned.

I have seen Anutin interviewed in English on CNA. He did come accross as reasonable and intelligent. He is a bona fide politician, not a general pretending to be one.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not to mention blowing snot into a rag and putting it back into the pocket, disgusting! 

Ah, ok, mystery solved. I agree about the handkerchief, but, for instance, a really hot tom yam or any Thai food will have me pouring snot, and disposing of it discretely is embarrassing and difficult. My ex, a fun loving country girl, used to discretely blow her nose in the gutter - well, not literally IN the gutter, more INTO the gutter - at the same time she would rinse her mouth with water. She had it to perfection, and it really looked quite elegant. But me? Poooooot! Snot everywhere, all over my shirt. OMG!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Instead just pat those children on the head for a job well done as a student in your class, right?

Edited by ThailandRyan

I don't see why anyone want to be PM if the majority of sitting MPs don't provide any support but some are just power-crazed!

Somehow anti-military parties will have to get 376 seats out of 500 if Thailand is to rid itself of the current shower and their first job would be to tear up the military-drafted constitution in the same way that Prayut/Prawit and co did with the last one.....until the next coup at which point there will be yet another. 

• Thumbs Up 1