Government Highlights Road Safety Ahead of Upcoming Holiday Weekends

webfact

Here we go again. Directives from Pray-hoot,  demanding police do their jobs, and it will go absolutely nowhere.  A few more ineffective roadblock checkpoints and moving violations will continue to be ignored. 13000 deaths is unbelievable and a National disgrace.  Chief of Police should resign. (Fat chance of that happening.)

• Haha 1

by Natthaphon Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Authorities are urging holidaymakers to exercise caution and follow traffic regulations throughout the month’s long weekends.

According to Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed concern about public safety during the three long weekends throughout this month.

He also instructed the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Interior, the Royal Thai Police and other state agencies to ensure public convenience while strictly enforcing traffic laws and regulations in order to minimize accidents during the holidays.

The premier encouraged holiday motorists to be extra cautious and make all necessary preparations, as well as prepare themselves physically for driving. He added that drivers and motorists should strictly obey traffic laws to avoid road accidents, which are a major cause of severe and fatal accidents in Thailand.

According to the Accident Data Center of Thailand, 13,042 accident-related deaths were reported this year between January 1 and November 23, with over 834,130 people injured and 145 people disabled.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG221204170139012

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-12-05

The same BS as every year.

Thai and foreigner traffic deaths/injured equally high the WHOLE YEAR around!!!!

If the Prime Ministers and his croony government would be serious in tackling this situation, he would order the destruction of these air-conditionned boxes where a few cops are sleeping the whole day or looking at sex movie on their phones and order the lousy cops to go moniter the traffic on the streets.

But, this being Thailand, that will never happen.

A half hour ago, while driving home. a bus driving on the speeding lane at 60 km/hr and causing a traffic jam, suffered an engine failure and came suddenly to a full stop.

Luckely, the traffic was already in a jam and the cars behind the bus could stop in time.
Otherwise it would have been a big disaster again.

Get the lousy cops out of their AC-boxes and send them on the streets where they belong !!!!!.

The premier urged citizens to prepare physically, coming from the runt of the litter that's a complete joke, he probably starts panting lifting his bank book to check his balance.

The usual Thai authorities mumbo jumbo which is totally worthless as we hear it everywhere and nothing changes, the daily carnage continues unabated.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The premier encouraged holiday motorists to be extra cautious and make all necessary preparations, as well as prepare themselves physically for driving. He added that drivers and motorists should strictly obey traffic laws to avoid road accidents, which are a major cause of severe and fatal accidents in Thailand.

Which shows how out of touch from reality he is..

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He also instructed the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Interior, the Royal Thai Police and other state agencies to ensure public convenience while strictly enforcing traffic laws and regulations in order to minimize accidents during the holidays.

The figures suggest 40 people a DAY die (but only if we accept figures at the scene). We get the same warnings about the SEVEN Dangerous Days at least twice a year.  What is needed in Thailand to bring these horrific numbers down, is a police force.

17 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I was out in my car driving at night for the first time in ages yesterday. The number of motorcycles with no lights was ridiculous and reminded me why I avoid night time driving as much as possible.

What really bothers me about being out on the roads at night is the number of motorists out there whose vision is severely restricted by heavily tinted glass. I feel especially vulnerable when on my motorcycle and will avoid night riding unless absolutely necessary.

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

With openinghours for nightclubs to sell alcohol till 4 am, Use of cannabis while driving, no point deduction yet of your driverslicense, and checkpoints without checking....It will be a success

The vast majority of accidents are caused by sober, qualified drivers.

It's just not interesting to put those numbers out. Let's blame booze and marijuana. 

I actually spoke with a friend of missus who happens to be an insurance lady,  and she deals with road accidents and she CLEARLY stated that the vast majority of accidents are caused by sober people who have valid driving licence. 

Ignorance is the problem.