OA extension 60 days before expiry date ?

My OA visa expired on 07/09/2022.

I was able to entry Thailand just before the expiry date on the visa, so I got permission to stay until 03/09/2023.

I will have to leave Thailand for almost 2 months, from 10/07/2023 to 05/09/2023, so I will re-entry Thailand on 06/09/2023.

When Can I apply for OA extension ?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First up you need to obtain reentry permit.

You can apply for extension up till 3/9/2923.

Best to apply few weeks prior to that date.

Obviously you need to satisfy financials and insurance requirements 

Thank you.

But the question was if I can apply fo extension before i am leaving Thailand (before 10/07/2023) ????

10 minutes ago, zenplay said:

But the question was if I can apply fo extension before i am leaving Thailand (before 10/07/2023)

Some would do it that early if you show them you have flight out the country.

Normal is up to 30 days before at some office and others 45 days.

If your local IO won’t let you renew that early, you might consider re-entering visa exempt (if you’re eligible) then applying for a non-o after arrival. Then follow steps to get the annual extension, etc.   If you already have the requisite funds in the bank it should be a fairly easy transition to a non-o visa and subsequent extensions that do not require insurance.

6 hours ago, Tracyb said:

If your local IO won’t let you renew that early, you might consider re-entering visa exempt (if you’re eligible) then applying for a non-o after arrival. Then follow steps to get the annual extension, etc.   If you already have the requisite funds in the bank it should be a fairly easy transition to a non-o visa and subsequent extensions that do not require insurance.

Non-O visa is related to Voluntary work, right ? I am not in this category ... 

2 minutes ago, zenplay said:

A non-o visa is issued for many reasons.

Retirement, marriage to or the parent of a Thai, family members of a person on a extension, the parent of a child attend ding and etc.

5 minutes ago, zenplay said:

in your post you said you have a non o-a visa/extension.  Presumably you have that as a retirement visa.  You can apply for a Non-O retirement visa in Thailand after you enter visa exempt.  

A Non-OA visa can only be issued at a embassy or consulate in your home country or country of legal residence. A OA visa allows a allows a one year entry for 1 year from the day it is issued.

A Non-O visa is can be issued at embassy or at immigration and only allows 90 day stay,

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A Non-OA visa can only be issued at a embassy or consulate in your home country or country of legal residence. A OA visa allows a allows a one year entry for 1 year from the day it is issued.

A Non-O visa is can be issued at embassy or at immigration and only allows 90 day stay,

Thank you.

What are the requirements for the Non-O visa ?

Mandatory insurance ?

Proof of deposited money in Thai bank ?

6 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Mandatory insurance ?

Proof of deposited money in Thai bank ?

No insurance will be required.

If applying for the non-o visa at a embassy the financial requirement can vary for one embassy to another.

If you apply for a 90 day non-o visa at immigration it will require 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day your apply for proof of 65k baht income.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No insurance will be required.

If applying for the non-o visa at a embassy the financial requirement can vary for one embassy to another.

If you apply for a 90 day non-o visa at immigration it will require 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day your apply for proof of 65k baht income.

Thank you.

As I understand, I can extend this visa every 90 days, up to 1 year, right ?

After 1 year, can I apply again for a new non-O visa ?

8 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Thank you.

you will be issued a visa for ninty days, in the last 30 days you can apply for a one year extension

8 minutes ago, zenplay said:

If you get a multiple entry non-o visa you have leave the country every 90 days to get a new 90 day stay.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay by showing financial proof and the apply for a new one every year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 11:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

If you get a multiple entry non-o visa you have leave the country every 90 days to get a new 90 day stay.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay by showing financial proof and the apply for a new one every year.

After getting 90 days, can I apply for Non-O extension (1 year) inside Thailand ?