Thaksin’s Homecoming Bid May Fall Through Without Help From Kingmaker

webfact

15 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Just because the trial didn't go his way doesn't mean that it wasn't fair! That's just your opinion. He's a convicted criminal who needs to go to prison, regardless of what your opinion is on the subject matter. End of story!

No, it isn't the end of the story, regardless of what your opinion is on the subject matter. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

More deflection, once again you don't answer any questions.  Bye bye.

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”
- Sam Harris

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?”
- Sam Harris

And again.

9 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Seems Freedom House (along with every other NGO that reports on rule of law) disagree with you -

Although Thailand’s constitution grants independence to the judiciary, in practice Thailand’s courts are politicized, and corruption in the judicial branch is common. The Constitutional Court, which has been accused of favoring the military, has sweeping powers, including the ability to dissolve political parties, overthrow elected officials, and veto legislation. In 2018, the government enacted a law that made criticism of the Constitutional Court with “rude, sarcastic, or threatening words” a criminal offense, further shielding the body from accountability. In February 2020, the Constitutional Court abolished the popular opposition party FFP after what observers characterized as a highly politicized trial.

In 2019, Kanakorn Pianchana, a judge in Yala province, shot himself in court immediately after acquitting five Muslim defendants from Thailand’s deep south on murder charges. Before shooting himself, Kanakorn read a statement stating that he had been under intense pressure by superiors to find the five guilty despite a lack of evidence.

https://freedomhouse.org/country/thailand/freedom-world/2021#CL

3-0

Mate, he's a criminal. End of story and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, it doesn't change the fact. In regards to your childish counting, if you think Thaksin is innocent then you were never even in the game! ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, actonion said:

And the current government?

Why do people keep bringing that up????

Just because the current one or anyone else for that matter might be corrupt, doesn't mean that Thaksin should go free!!! The one has nothing to do with the other whatsoever!!!

Every criminal needs to pay for their crimes. End of story! 

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Why do people keep bringing that up????

Just because the current one or anyone else for that matter might be corrupt, doesn't mean that Thaksin should go free!!! The one has nothing to do with the other whatsoever!!!

Every criminal needs to pay for their crimes. End of story! 

* after a fair trial

4-0

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Mate, he's a criminal. End of story and you can twist and turn that for as long as you want, it doesn't change the fact. In regards to your childish counting, if you think Thaksin is innocent then you were never even in the game! ????

* after a fair trial

5-0

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You won't change his blinkered mind at all.

Thaksin is guilty. Current lot are not. That is his single thought.

And we won't change Mojo's mind at all.  He will continue to post childish scores, he will continue to deflect and not answer a single straight question because he believes Thaksin was the Messiah and completely innocent of all corruption and wrong doing.  It is tiring and now, honestly, very boring. You cannot try to reason with anyone so blinkered and who doesn't engage in conversation.

For my side, I admit the current lot are awful, I admit corruption plagues Thailand, I admit Thaksin did some good (for example the 30 baht health scheme was great) but I can also freely see (with my own eyes) his blatant corruption and appalling human rights record. What is difficult about that?

(Yep, MoJo will come back with 6-0 after this. Yawn).

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

You won't change his blinkered mind at all.

Thaksin is guilty. Current lot are not. That is his single thought.

I never said that!

I said Thaksin is guilty and needs to pay for it and you guys were the ones who brought the current guys into this. I never said anything about them either way, apart from that I'm not familiar with the current situation! And again, putting words in my mouth won't fly! 

And yes, you guys won't change my mind about Thaksin being guilty one iota! 

Amd lastly, and I don't know how to express this any simpler than this:

How does the current guys not being brought to justice, yet, from your point or view, justify Thaksin not having to pay for what he did?! And don't give me that <deleted> "fair trial" line. He's as guilty as they come and you know it, but somehow you don't seem to have a problem with that at all. You probably also think that Pablo Escobar was a great guy, because you know, he built hospitals and schools and <deleted>. 

Edited by pacovl46

On 12/8/2022 at 3:02 AM, josephbloggs said:

What impact did it have on a me personally?  Well luckily I was not put on a drugs blacklist so I am still alive unlike my friend's father who was gunned down by police (no drugs involved at all). Also unlike Nong Fluke, and all the other murdered children and adults across the country - no trials, no evidence, just executed.

Thailand has corruption, it is what turns the wheels, always has and likely always will (just like the UK although - until recently - they were better at hiding it). What Thaksin did though was to take it to another level and he became so self obsessed and complacent he didn't even bother to hide it - he literally thought he was untouchable.

The Exim bank loan to Burma to buy his satellites. The hiding shares in his maid's name (and driver, and children, and relatives) to avoid tax. The Ratchada land sale to his wife at way below market value. Getting the BOI to grant tax breaks to Shin Corp while he was PM, getting the transport ministry to abolish the minimum air fare law when he was about to engage in a JV with Air Asia.  His appalling human rights violations (war on drugs, Tak Bai, Krue Se).

The man is a poisonous, self serving crook with only his own interests at heart. His corruption was so visible and open it was really quite astonishing how he thought he would get away with it - he really did believe he could walk on water.

Oh, the 30 baht health scheme was good though so I applaud him for that.

Yeah, the 30 baht health scheme was good for people with little money, although a lot of private practices in the country side had to close down because they couldn't live of that and doctors migrated to bigger cities to work for government hospitals, which meant that the lines in hospitals in the countryside got even longer than they were before,

Let's face it, the 30 Baht scheme was such a blatantly desperate move to get votes!!!

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, josephbloggs said:

And we won't change Mojo's mind at all.  He will continue to post childish scores, he will continue to deflect and not answer a single straight question because he believes Thaksin was the Messiah and completely innocent of all corruption and wrong doing.  It is tiring and now, honestly, very boring. You cannot try to reason with anyone so blinkered and who doesn't engage in conversation.

For my side, I admit the current lot are awful, I admit corruption plagues Thailand, I admit Thaksin did some good (for example the 30 baht health scheme was great) but I can also freely see (with my own eyes) his blatant corruption and appalling human rights record. What is difficult about that?

(Yep, MoJo will come back with 6-0 after this. Yawn).

The 30 Baht health scheme resulted in a lot of private doctors having to close shop because they couldnt live of that. The lines at hospitals became even longer after that. The 30 Baht health thing was a blatantly obvious scheme to get votes.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Thaksin’s Universal Healthcare Plan has won nothing but universal praise from all around world. 

It only makes you look foolish to post as you have done in relation to the 30 baht scheme. 

You are allowing your Thaksin obsession to override whatever rationality you may posses.

Just a vote grab eh?

In Thailand in 2001, before the Universal Coverage Scheme (UCS), nearly one in four people were uninsured. Others were covered by insurance that offered only partial protection. The result: over 17,000 Thia children under five died each year, two-thirds from easily preventable infectious diseases, and out-of-pocket health spending tipped one in five of the poorest Thai households below the national poverty line.

http://millionssaved.cgdev.org/case-studies/thailands-universal-coverage-scheme

Mate, take your Thaksin Fanboy blinders off and do some objective research on the 30 Baht health scheme and find the truth yourself! 

It's a fact, that the number of doctors decreased in the countryside after the implementation of the 30 Bahtl health scheme. But it's alright, keep your head in the sand about it! 

By the way, you're allowing your blind love for Thaksin to totally and utterly cloud your judgement!  

He's not the MESSIAH, he's not the SAVIOR and he is most definitely NOT innocent! 

He's a criminal, corrupt, manipulative megalomaniac! That's a fact and nothing you can say and no matter how much  you gonna try to twist and turn that, will change that! 

That's all im gonna have to say to you! Enjoy the rest of your life! 

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Mate, take your Thaksin Fanboy blinders off and do some objective research on the 30 Baht health scheme and find the truth yourself! 

It's a fact, that the number of doctors decreased in the countryside after the implementation of the 30 Bahtl health scheme. But it's alright, keep your head in the sand about it! 

By the way, you're allowing your blind love for Thaksin to totally and utterly cloud your judgement!  

He's not the MESSIAH, he's not the SAVIOR and he is most definitely NOT innocent! 

He's a criminal, corrupt, manipulative megalomaniac! That's a fact and nothing you can say and no matter how much  you gonna try to twist and turn that, will change that! 

That's all im gonna have to say to you! Enjoy the rest of your life! 

Educate yourself.

https://www.rrh.org.au/journal/article/1583

6-0

Edited by MrMojoRisin