Indonesia passes criminal code banning sex outside marriage

webfact

No freedom of Speech, No sex if not with your wife , Can't have a partner and have sex.

Cat houses be closing down if this happens .

By far the largest Islamic population in the world they would have the influence to make the country do what they want them to do.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Let's respect all the diverse colours of the rainbow...all the different people and cultures around the world; and not judge or criticize others for beliefs that are different from our own ???? 

Why?

They have no respect for our cultures and wish to bring their own ideas of Islam and impose it wherever they settle in the world

We dont like persecution of gays, we don't like women being treated as second class and restricted from schools and universities. We are opposed to child marriage and FGMT,

It is bigoted and a non inclusive way of living, and uses their own selective interpretation of their views of Islam.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Let's respect all the diverse colours of the rainbow...all the different people and cultures around the world; and not judge or criticize others for beliefs that are different from our own ???? 

Try that out in Saudi Arabia and you won't last very long?????

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mfd101 said:

My experience of hotels in countries where gay sex is banned or really really not approved of is amusing. In Singapore (where gay sex has just been made legal a couple of weeks ago) I approach the front desk with our booking details, my Thai Khmer partner lurking behind. The polite young man behind the desk smiles politely and looks fixedly at his computer. After a couple of coughs he asks: "Will that be one bed or two, sir?" I reply: "One bed. Kingsize as booked." "Very well, sir".

And off we go.

Did you have sex ?

Just now, rudi49jr said:

Was that an act by the Indonesian government?

No, by Indonesian citizens. You didn't specify "by the government", in which case you'd have to go back further.

As to the quote you originally posed the question too, it's just dumb <deleted> redneck BS. Which is why we are in the mess we're in.

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

:clap2:.To be honest I have given up on the camels and goats as I have got older. The main reason is that all the good looking ones are younger and can out run me...

So, standing on a box to get at the camels was not a problem?.........????

• Haha 1

In addition, this barbaric and backwards law prohibits co-habitation and sex for all, including foreigners. So a couple that have been living together for years and visits Bali, had better cancel their vacation, or risk jail time for making love to the person they love. Will unmarried couples even be allowed to check into a hotel? Is this Saudi? 

This is 13th century, puerile, nasty, uncivilized, fake puritan nonsense. There is alot of confusion within the Muslim religion, and Sharia law, with regard to sex, fun, singing, dancing and joy in general. Very outdated and fairly ridiculous concepts, in this day and age. Let us be thankful we are not subject to such nonsense. 

This will be hugely damaging to both Indonesia's image as a modern nation, and it's tourism industry. Shame on the fools who passed this law. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It won't affect tourist couples because police will only act on a complaint to them from a relative of the couple, so it's unlikely to affect anybody at all.

Where I see it being a problem for tourists or long-stay foreigners is if you're shacked up with a local and you p##s someone off. Then they go to the family and press them to make a police complaint. 

6 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Do you happen to have the relevant law to share with us?

Well, yes I do ......

Articles 333 and 334 of The Revised Penal Code provide the following:

Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. — Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.

Adultery shall be punished by prison correctional in its medium and maximum periods.

If the person guilty of adultery committed this offence while being abandoned without justification by the offended spouse, the penalty next lower in degree than that provided in the next preceding paragraph shall be imposed.

Art. 334. Concubinage. — Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prison correctional in its minimum and medium periods.

By The Associated Press

JAKARTA, Indonesia — Indonesia’s Parliament passed a long-awaited and controversial revision of its penal code Tuesday that criminalizes extramarital sex for citizens and visiting foreigners alike.

After ratification, the new criminal code must be signed by the president, according to Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights Edward Hiariej. The criminal code will not apply immediately.

He said the new law “has a lot of implementing regulations that must be worked out, so it’s impossible in one year,” but it takes a maximum of three years to transition from the old code to the new one.

A copy of the amended criminal code obtained by The Associated Press includes several revised articles that make sex outside marriage punishable by a year in jail and cohabitation by six months, but adultery charges must be based on police reports lodged by their spouse, parents or children.

It also says the promotion of contraception and religious blasphemy are illegal, and it restores a ban on insulting a sitting president and vice president, state institutions and national ideology. Insults to a sitting president must be reported by the president and can lead to up to three years in jail. 

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

There are plenty of wives banning it inside marriage as well

I've heard that if the Indo spouse doesn't provide sex for 6 months divorce is automatic in Indonesia. On the 5th month many quickly go spread eagle and say get it over with. 

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree 100%.

Back about 30 years seemed it was better than Thailand for easy girls ( depending on where one was ).

For starters, what western unmarried couple will visit now?

Unless their parents come with the couple, and report them to police, why would they fear? First of all it won't come in effect for 3 years, and when it does, the only one who can make a report that could result in jail time would be a direct family member (parents, children, spouses, siblings). Now if you have a nasty family that would report you for sleeping with your girlfriend, your problem might not be Indonesian law but your family.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Well, yes I do ......

Articles 333 and 334 of The Revised Penal Code provide the following:

Art. 333. Who are guilty of adultery. — Adultery is committed by any married woman who shall have sexual intercourse with a man not her husband and by the man who has carnal knowledge of her knowing her to be married, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void.

Adultery shall be punished by prison correctional in its medium and maximum periods.

If the person guilty of adultery committed this offence while being abandoned without justification by the offended spouse, the penalty next lower in degree than that provided in the next preceding paragraph shall be imposed.

Art. 334. Concubinage. — Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prison correctional in its minimum and medium periods.

Thanks for that!

I spent 3 years in Manila, working and I can tell you its100% not enforced!

As i expect it wont be enforced in Indonesia?

4 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Indonesia is NOT a "Muslim country" at all. Ever heard of Pancasila?

Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country on the face of earth. And you will find that Christians have been  attacked, churches targeted, churches bombed etc. These are facts. Constitutionally it may not be an Islamic Republic, but you will rarely find a non Muslim being President of Indonesia.
You will also find that most Indonesians vote based on the religious affiliation of politicians. Megawati is an exception, although she had a famous Father.

1 hour ago, Sid Bream said:

Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country on the face of earth. And you will find that Christians have been  attacked, churches targeted, churches bombed etc. These are facts. Constitutionally it may not be an Islamic Republic, but you will rarely find a non Muslim being President of Indonesia.
You will also find that most Indonesians vote based on the religious affiliation of politicians. Megawati is an exception, although she had a famous Father.

Yes, I understand all of that and thanks for a concise summation of the current state of affairs. 

I gave a flippant answer to what I assumed was an uninformed comment. 

The creeping 'Arabasition' is of great concern. The descent into the dreaded Darul Islam seems inevitable but one still hopes for a more positive outcome.