Advice on what border crossing too go to

Hi,

I might have a problem to solve. Hope someone here can give me advise. I am from Sweden, 65 years old, I havd had retirement visa for years, but because of the pandemic I didn't come back to Thailand to renew it, so now I have to start from scratch.

I came here in October on a visa exemption 45 days and now I have a visa for 30 days that expires on December 26. I have all the documents I need to get an income statement from the Swedish consulate here in Pattaya, but not until Monday 12. That means I can't go to immigration in Jomtien until Tuesday 13. I guess they are closed on Monday, Constitution Day. 

As it has been before, we need to make the application for retirement visa 15 days before the other visa expires. So I should need to be at immigration on this coming Friday. They might be friendly and let me leave my application even I am a few days late, but if not I need to leave the country to get some kind of extension on my 30 day visa.

My question is, where to go if I need? Have been to both Vientiane and Savannakhet a few years ago, so I know that works. Are there other border crossing I can go to, Trat for instants?

Appreciate all relevant advice

Kind regard,

Claes

How about a trip to Penang, Malaysia and back? About 3900 baht return flight leaving Saturday, returning Sunday. Stay at some nice hotel on the island and fly back through airport, which should give you less hassle than land border.

This was just a quick check on Google on Air Asia tickets (from Don Mueang):

image.thumb.png.5d8d12f09204ce30d799a2ed5b95831d.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Haveasay said:

The first guy has a 4000 baht option and Joe I believe it's 5000 to go ban pakard. Flying requires mini van or bus to and from DM. 

4000 Baht?

I am afraid that's the one way price.

Just checked on AirAsia site. Almost 14000.

(other same day flight times slightly higher).

Add transport DMK and overnight/accomodations and you can end up at 20000.

Screenshot_20221208_105651_Chrome.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

4000 Baht?

I am afraid that's the one way price.

Just checked on AirAsia site. Almost 14000.

Add transport DMK and overnight/accomodations and you can end up at 20000.

Screenshot_20221208_105651_Chrome.jpg

Flights to Penang are about 3000 at the moment 6000 return..No idea why your prices are so high.

5 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Flights to Penang are about 3000 at the moment 6000 return..No idea why your prices are so high.

Flights booked around public holidays, especially at short notice, are often much more expensive than usual..

On 12/7/2022 at 11:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could go the Cambodia border to get a new 45 day visa exempt entry. Ban Pakard is the nearest one.

There are companies doing the run to there.

Joe, two people have told me you only get 30 day a land entry so is this not true?

I do not see the o/p problem.  it is easy to enter on a 30 day visa and the apply at I/O to change this to Non Im. O visa for retirement.  I assume o/p has the necessary financial qualifications, then the normal Retirement extension... plenty o info on here as to how to do and confirmation that it works.