Beagle bag sniffers at Suvarnibhumi airport

kidneyw

2 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I have often brought food products and never had any issue (last time 2020 before covid) There's two considerations:

1. Chances of being caught 

2. Punishment if getting caught 

There is also the consideration that you may bring animal or plant diseases into Thailand and that could be catastrophic for the farming industry and that is the reason why they have restrictions on bringing food into Thailand .

But, as long as you get your haggis , that's the most important thing 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There is also the consideration that you may bring animal or plant diseases into Thailand and that could be catastrophic for the farming industry and that is the reason why they have restrictions on bringing food into Thailand .

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

32 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Have you tried the ones from Sloanes? I've not tried the haggis, but their black pudding is good.

Have bought black pudding in Thailand, which is good. But only tinned haggis, which is not just the same.

13 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Google says meat products are not allowed

I buy from this guy weekly. He doesn't seem to have problems.

GRANTS HAGGIS…………………..………………………..…392GM………….....200 BAHT/TIN

AUSTRALIAN BLACK ANGUS WAGYU RUMP…………APPROX 3.5 KG PIECES…425 BAHT/KILO

https://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/docs/Nookies Price List.pdf

Edited by IvorBiggun2

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I buy from this guy weekly. He doesn't seem to have problems.

GRANTS HAGGIS…………………..………………………..…392GM………….....200 BAHT/TIN

AUSTRALIAN BLACK ANGUS WAGYU RUMP…………APPROX 3.5 KG PIECES…425 BAHT/KILO

https://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/docs/Nookies Price List.pdf

The Grants haggis is good, but just not quite the same as untinned.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It isn't allowed to bring meat products into Thailand because they could contain animal diseases and spread those diseases.

Do you not care about that when you bring your haggis in ? 

To be honest, when I am stuffing my face.

No.

I understand that any product that can spread animal diseases is not acceptable.

But this is a product that is processed and sealed and exported all over the world.

It is not as though it is raw sausage meat, or whatever, coming in from China.

On many previous occasions, customs saw this haggis in the suitcase and let it go. It is only that they now have these beagle sniffer dogs on show, that I thought to ask the question.

7 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

It is only that they now have these beagle sniffer dogs on show, that I thought to ask the question.

The Beagles are intended to catch rare foods other than farangs sandwich fillers.

Sniffer beagles bust tourist’s attempt to smuggle smoked bats at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Photos: Department of Livestock Development

Edited by IvorBiggun2

OP ...  you are asking for a mate ?    Bringing those products into Thailand or most countries is highly illegal as strict bio-security measures indicate such behaviour won't be tolerated.  Your MATE may be fined and obviously denied entry if Thailand deems your mates actions risk potential disease to it's livestock and/or vegetable industry.   Most countries take a very dim view of such attempted actions,  and all this just so you can have your haggis ....  ? 

image.png.843455f788b52ff8eb8a774dd4d0d686.png

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Most countries take a very dim view of such attempted actions,  and all this just so you can have your haggis ....  ? 

But as stated earlier black pudding and Haggis is on sale in Thailand. No need to smuggle it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beagles are trained to detect drugs, it depends on whether the mate wants to risk being caught if they are also trained for meat products. Although describing haggis as a meat product IMO is like describing a turd as the finest Cuban cigar.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

To be honest, when I am stuffing my face.

No.

I understand that any product that can spread animal diseases is not acceptable.

But this is a product that is processed and sealed and exported all over the world.

It is not as though it is raw sausage meat, or whatever, coming in from China.

On many previous occasions, customs saw this haggis in the suitcase and let it go. It is only that they now have these beagle sniffer dogs on show, that I thought to ask the question.

Ifs its completely legal and safe and allowed, then why are you concerned about a beagle finding it at Customs ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it illegal to bring in thing like Haggis or sausage etc ??? 

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ifs its completely legal and safe and allowed, then why are you concerned about a beagle finding it at Customs ?

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

OP ...  you are asking for a mate ?    Bringing those products into Thailand or most countries is highly illegal as strict bio-security measures indicate such behaviour won't be tolerated.  Your MATE may be fined and obviously denied entry if Thailand deems your mates actions risk potential disease to it's livestock and/or vegetable industry.   Most countries take a very dim view of such attempted actions,  and all this just so you can have your haggis ....  ? 

image.png.843455f788b52ff8eb8a774dd4d0d686.png

I did tell my mate not to bother, prior to writing this post as I obviously do not want him to get into any bother.

I told him I would write this post to get feedback.

Seems to mostly negative, but not a problem.

Any input is appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Have bought black pudding in Thailand, which is good. But only tinned haggis, which is not just the same.

Tinned haggis? That's so wrong. 

It's frozen, but at least it's not tinned. 

https://bangkok.sloanes.co.th/product/haggis/

Let me know what it's like if you try it. 

This is the black pudding. https://bangkok.sloanes.co.th/product/black-pudding/

• Thumbs Up 1