Kuwaiti man arrested on Pha-ngan Island for 16 days of overstay

webfact

4 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Why pay 15k for something you can get for 1900 Baht?

800k THB in a bank account or a monthly income of 65k you need to have  (if retirement extension) for that 1900 THB, so when you don’t have that 15k is an alternative (using an agent)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Back to the desert for you my man... 

At least its warm where he comes from, the poor 30 year old British guy is in for a shock when he gets back, plus he has a 5 year ban?

"British tourist arrested for overstaying in Sisaket, says he loves Thailand so much he doesn’t want to leave"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

So it took 6 police guys to find one Kuwaiti guy, who was on overstay for 16 days?

I realize that the pictures are  purely for PR, but even for Thailand this is ridiculously over the top? Or are they trying to send a message?

I hope the message is clear ...........overstay is illegal (and unnecessary), take the p!ss out of the system and arrest is the consequence of the offense.

Edited by hotandsticky

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I hope the message is clear ...........overstay is illegal (and unnecessary), take the p!ss out of the system and arrest is the consequence of the offense.

Whilst I fully agree with your sentiment, its real shame the police do not use the same manpower and vigor going after the really serious criminals? But they seem to be too well protected? They do take the <deleted> out of the system, but can afford to pay the right people?

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

I don't understand why people overstay. It is so easy to stay in Thailand if one really wants to. Unless one has money/income, why a person would stay in Thailand? If one has incomes, it is really easy to live in Thailand. If less that 50 years, just buy an elite. If more than 50 year, get a retirement extension for 15K. And Kuwait is a wealthy country. I understand why people from Laos, Myanmar, or Cambodia would stay in Thailand illegally. But there is no excuse for people from wealthy countries. And this guy is 56-year old. Get a retirement visa man for 15K. 

And that attitude was why I told Thai Immigration what they could do with their country. "It's only 800,000 baht"! And yes I had the money but its my money and I'm not about to be told what to do with it and how much I can spend. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I fully agree with your sentiment, its real shame the police do not use the same manpower and vigor going after the really serious criminals? But they seem to be too well protected? They do take the <deleted> out of the system, but can afford to pay the right people?

I can't argue with that. But in an endemically corrupt country I guess you have to start somewhere.

Usually the lowest hanging fruit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritScot said:

And that attitude was why I told Thai Immigration what they could do with their country. "It's only 800,000 baht"! And yes I had the money but its my money and I'm not about to be told what to do with it and how much I can spend. 

Big man - you tell them.

You are better off without that nasty Thailand.

Yet  you still feel the need to post on a Thailand internet forum ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

At least its warm where he comes from, the poor 30 year old British guy is in for a shock when he gets back, plus he has a 5 year ban?

"British tourist arrested for overstaying in Sisaket, says he loves Thailand so much he doesn’t want to leave"

Loved it so much yet he couldn't find a way to finance his stay here.. 

good luck back home in winter and no job.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:03 AM, hkt83100 said:

Why pay 15k for something you can get for 1900 Baht?

if  you invest the 800k in  the Uk  and get  5 % interest/dividends  you would  pay for the visa two and a half times

Many decent uk companies pay  that sort of dividend  

• Thumbs Up 1