(Free?) VPN for UK tv.

Fairynuff

I’ve been using the UKexpat VPN for a few years now and although there have been issues occasionally I’ve always managed to resolve them with the help of great customer service.  All that seems to have changed now and they’ve recently (over an issue with Sky News Live) been unhelpful to the point of being rude. So I’m ready to leave if I can find a reliable alternative. I realise free is unlikely, but I’m looking for suggestions based on your own experience and knowledge. Thanks in advance.

I have used Browsec VPN for years ,main reason ,it is so easy to use,

and is reliable , works with content providers in UK ,USA, Oz ,they have

a free version of VPN with UK server ,but I expect you will get some

buffering if trying to stream stuff , their paid version works great.

but give the free one a try and see how easy to use .

regards worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there are free ones out there but how reliable are they?

What incentive do they have to provide a good service beyond collecting their advertising revenue, which is how they are funded. And do you want their advertisements? Think about it.

For many years, at least 15 in fact I've been using StreamVPN to access UK services and they have proved to be excellent, even when I was working in China. It doesn't come for free but it's still cheaper than a UK TV license.

https://www.streamvpn.com

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Photoguy21 said:

I use CyberGhost. There is, or at least was not sure it is still exists, a free version but is can be frustrating. The paid version is good though. The link for it is: https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/

I looked at their site and their pricing is really cheap. Then I looked Trustpilot reviews and it was all downhill.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:12 PM, Fairynuff said:

I looked at their site and their pricing is really cheap. Then I looked Trustpilot reviews and it was all downhill.

There are many different reviewers and some they they are bad and others say they are good. Ideally you want a VPN provider based in Switzerland. By law they can not pass any information to third parties even to the government.

ZenMate is about the cheapest you'll ever get. I tried it for 30 days and it worked OK (connected first time and unblocked geo-blocked websites for surfing and streaming). Unfortunately, during my 30 days it couldn't unblock BBCiPlayer. I complained twice and finally cancelled on day 29, receiving refund of my 2 yearly premium in full within a couple of days. Been with SurfShark for 2 years and works perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, Fairynuff said:

I use Private Internet Access.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

it's the cheapest I could find, and I have been using it for 6 months, heavy duty. I'm pretty impressed with their service.

the downside is that from the pricing I suppose it's a service provided by the NSA, but I don't really care.

4 hours ago, tgw said:

I use Private Internet Access.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

it's the cheapest I could find, and I have been using it for 6 months, heavy duty. I'm pretty impressed with their service.

the downside is that from the pricing I suppose it's a service provided by the NSA, but I don't really care.

All I really need a VPN for is access to streaming UK channels on my TV through a Fire stick

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

All I really need a VPN for is access to streaming UK channels on my TV through a Fire stick

yes, so ?

it's not a service you will find for free

Edited by tgw