Bus to Nakhon Ratchasima

luckyblock token

36 minutes ago, MJCM said:

You could check NCA (Nakorn Chai Air)

Their call center number is: 1624

Edit: Website is https://www.nakhonchaiair.com/view/

The website is a bit strange as Korat is not listed but only the End Points. But as Korat Bus Station is a Major one, on their onwards routes they most certainly stop there.

thanks, I will check it, maybe the route to Buri Ram is ok for me

49 minutes ago, luckyblock token said:

thanks, I will check it, maybe the route to Buri Ram is ok for me

I am not 100% sure, maybe the one to Khon Kaen also.

But call the call centre and one more thing this company is the only one I would take when travelling by BUS in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Maybe helpful maybe not, but I know there is a 24 hr service from the smaller bus station in Korat to Mor Chit ...

So I imagine it would be the same Mor Chit to Korat 24 hr

Does this still exist? 

I used it before covid and I am wondering whether this bus station stil exists and whether they still have buses to Bangkok 24 hours. 

If yes: buses or vans?

Edited by Lorry

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I am not 100% sure, maybe the one to Khon Kaen also.

But call the call centre and one more thing this company is the only one I would take when travelling by BUS in Thailand.

Buses,  especially Nakhonchai Air, will usually not pick up passengers en route

12 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Buses,  especially Nakhonchai Air, will usually not pick up passengers en route

care to explain that? I often got on a NCA BUS. and got on at Buriram when the bus came from Ubon and was going to Rayong. 

And the OP goes from Morchit (the starting point) and wants to go to Korat, so I mentioned that the bus to Khon Kaen (from Morchit) probably goes via Korat where he (the OP) can get off.

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

care to explain that? I often got on a NCA BUS. and got on at Buriram when the bus came from Ubon and was going to Rayong. 

And the OP goes from Morchit (the starting point) and wants to go to Korat, so I mentioned that the bus to Khon Kaen (from Morchit) probably goes via Korat where he (the OP) can get off.

The bus companies are not allowed to do random stops en route.

The stops have to be scheduled in advance, and they don't schedule  many stops. They actually mostly follow these rules. 

The result are fast point-to-point routes,  without stops at every palm tree. For example,  Sombat Tour to Surin runs from Vibhadhavee all the way to Surin province without stopping in any town.

Buses to and from Ubon usually do have scheduled stops, I guess otherwise it would be too far.

Buses to Khonkaen usually (eg Chantours) use the Korat bypass, they don't enter Korat. When buying a ticket one can ask whether this bus stops at Korat. 20 years ago, every bus to Khonkaen would stop at Korat - no more.

8 hours ago, Lorry said:

The bus companies are not allowed to do random stops en route.

The stops have to be scheduled in advance, and they don't schedule  many stops. They actually mostly follow these rules. 

The result are fast point-to-point routes,  without stops at every palm tree. For example,  Sombat Tour to Surin runs from Vibhadhavee all the way to Surin province without stopping in any town.

Buses to and from Ubon usually do have scheduled stops, I guess otherwise it would be too far.

Buses to Khonkaen usually (eg Chantours) use the Korat bypass, they don't enter Korat. When buying a ticket one can ask whether this bus stops at Korat. 20 years ago, every bus to Khonkaen would stop at Korat - no more.

Understood that is why in post #2 and #5 I mentioned to call the NCA call centre (1624) and ask, they will definitely know on which Route their Bus will stop in Korat (for sure)

I just thought that an alternative for the OP could be take a Train from Don Muang Aiport (maybe there is a station closer to Morchit but that I don't know) and go by train to Korat.

https://www.railway.co.th/Station/StationList

I just checked and they have a train (times are for leaving the main station time so add another 20-30mins for Don Muang station)

Leave 20:30 Arrive 01:36

Leave 21:30 arrive 02:36

Leave 22:45 arrive 4:19