Several Vehicles Damaged In Double Crash On Bypass Road

webfact

image.jpeg

The pileup after the double crash on the Bypass road this morning. Photo: Sanook.com

by TNR Staff

ONE CRASH after another led to several vehicles being damaged yesterday morning (Dec. 9) on the Chonburi-Rayong Bypass road with the drivers of three vehicles getting injured, Sanook.com said.

At around 10 a.m. Sawangphon Kusol Rayong Foundation rescue team rushed to the site of the accident on the inbound to Rayong City side of the road and found that the durian-laden truck had overturned with beautiful durians scattered all over the road and the driver slightly injured

With the overturned vehicle obstructing one lane of the traffic, rescuers turned on the siren lights of their rescue vehicle to prevent a repeat accident.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/09/several-vehicles-damaged-in-double-crash-on-bypass-road/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Braking distances given in High way Code are conservative, but still should be followed.  All depends on when the driver starts braking, and if his brakes are in good order

No code here is adhered to...Highway or not....Thai`s know best

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sue but never heard this name before.

And searching shows this thread as first hit ????

Without numbers it's a guessing game.

Chonburi Rayong is 80 km.

I put it to Google maps & got your 331 suggestion.  My experience was on the 7 coming up to the new Pattaya by-pass off the motorway heading to Rayong.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

That makes sense. The infamous HW 36.
Frequent accidents.

Heavy trucks en masse.

Yeah, the Durian pick up got clipped by a truck that sent him into the barrier, and truck kept on going. Two rescue vehicles took up position behind the durian truck - with their red and blue lights flashing. Then speeding pick up in the outside lane rammed into the two rescue trucks demolishing one and sending the other into the median. The speeding truck never even touched his brakes, no brake lights could be seen - just straight into them at full speed. The rescue workers were very lucky! Many videos on Facebook!

I recall maybe my first front seat experience here.

Thai friend of my wifey had her front seat pulled up so much forward that her knees were touching the steering wheel.

Then she drove 130 k's per hour while staring straight ahead.

No idea of what was going on around her, including the pick-ups doing 160+ k's.????????

• Haha 1