Best Burger in Bangkok

airbalance

Its been done to death... but not this year and the topic is somewhat in a constant phase of evolution as new places pop up.... 

The subject is somewhat personal, depending on what type of burger you like. 

i.e. a large patty, or a smashed patty... 

Thus: 

Large Patty - New Your Style Steak and Burger (Sukhumvit 22) .

Smashed Patty - Easy Burger (On Nut - Sukhumvit Soi 50)

These articles cover a lot of the burger places.

https://thethaiger.com/guides/best-burgers-to-try-in-bangkok-2022

https://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/article/best-burgers-bangkok

https://guide.michelin.com/th/en/article/dining-out/5-burgers-in-bangkok-every-meat-lover-should-try

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Sunrise Taco / Terminal 21 always did a nice burger.   Don't mind paying ฿300, when I know the owner of ST devotes a lot of his profits & time to his charity helping those who need it most, the residents of the Khlong Toei slums.

image.png.8035d19df2ef08dfaa268783e8ff2263.png

I would call any place recommended in the past, before heading out to them.

Many, most didn't survive or downsized/moved to different locations due to the past couple years of the 'situation.

image.png.48d19d27c9f388ec307e419da8f47eb5.png

I will have to try this place when I am in Bangkok next July.   Thanks for posting.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Leon by Cocotte does nice burgers, in Emquartier.  Their Wagyu bistro burger is thb 440.   They also do nice pastas, salads and steaks.    Not cheap but consistently good and with quality ingredients and taste.

Edited by tjintx

15 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Are Buddy's still going? I think that they have expanded. Not a gourmet burger by any stretch but for a junk food binge, I recall them being okay

buddy's is still going.  i don't visit often but i've seen there newest location near soi 8.  and awhile back they opened on sukhumvit near soi 20.  plus soi 22 is still open.

• Thanks 1

my preferred burger is at The Clubhouse soi 23.  280thb.  not an overly large burger.  comes with fries.  fairly basic.  i have not tried the burger at sunrise tacos.  i prefer ketchup and mustard on my burger, many burger places seem to put on a 'special sauce' which does nothing for me.  so pay attention to the menu if you aren't a fan of special sauce so you can order w/o the sauce.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, KhunLA said:

Sunrise Taco / Terminal 21 always did a nice burger.   Don't mind paying ฿300, when I know the owner of ST devotes a lot of his profits & time to his charity helping those who need it most, the residents of the Khlong Toei slums.

image.png.8035d19df2ef08dfaa268783e8ff2263.png

I would call any place recommended in the past, before heading out to them.

Many, most didn't survive or downsized/moved to different locations due to the past couple years of the 'situation.

image.png.48d19d27c9f388ec307e419da8f47eb5.png

Ya, AFAIK, NYSSB has been closed for a long while, presumably a victim of the pandemic killing the tourist trade.

When they were open pre COVID, they had some quite good, but also pretty expensive, burgers that I often enjoyed.

These days, I'm eating my burgers via home delivery... and my two favorite places at the moment are...

1. Easy Burger with locations in both OnNut and now Phrom Phong. Dunno what it is, but the ground beef from Easy Burger tastes first-rate to me, and I love their Spicy Fries, topped with sliced jalapenos, banana peppers and cheese sauce.

2. Prime Burger, with the original location at Phrom Phong, and I believe I heard they opened other locations including a new branch in the food court at Central World.

Easy Burgers start around 200b for a single beef patty burger solo, and I wanna say Prime Burgers are more expensive starting at around 260b.

I tried and wasn't excited by Beast and Butter lately.

But was really impressed and pleased with a more expensive, and larger size burger I tried once via Grab from a place called Cast Iron Burgerhaus in the Phahonyothin area.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/16/2023 at 7:39 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

These days, I'm eating my burgers via home delivery... and my two favorite places at the moment are...

1. Easy Burger with locations in both OnNut and now Phrom Phong. Dunno what it is, but the ground beef from Easy Burger tastes first-rate to me, and I love their Spicy Fries, topped with sliced jalapenos, banana peppers and cheese sauce.

2. Prime Burger, with the original location at Phrom Phong, and I believe I heard they opened other locations including a new branch in the food court at Central World.

Easy Burgers start around 200b for a single beef patty burger solo, and I wanna say Prime Burgers are more expensive starting at around 260b.

I tried and wasn't excited by Beast and Butter lately.

But was really impressed and pleased with a more expensive, and larger size burger I tried once via Grab from a place called Cast Iron Burgerhaus in the Phahonyothin area.

The pictures of Cast Iron Burgerhaus look amazing, but the reviews haven't been great, but now that I get first hand knowledge, I'm going to give it a try!

4 hours ago, airbalance said:

The pictures of Cast Iron Burgerhaus look amazing, but the reviews haven't been great, but now that I get first hand knowledge, I'm going to give it a try!

The burger I got from them via delivery a month or so back was quite good, IMHO...  I've been meaning to reorder from them.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/20/2023 at 1:21 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The burger I got from them via delivery a month or so back was quite good, IMHO...  I've been meaning to reorder from them.

Finally got around to it and gotta say, I was impressed! Will definitely have a 2nd order soon.

• Thanks 1

And another option soon coming to CentralWorld in BKK -- Shake Shack (which somehow I don't think I've ever tried anywhere in my life).

Feb 2, 2023 | 12:09pm Bangkok time

"Months after teasing its opening, the American burger and shake institution Shake Shack finally officially confirmed yesterday that it will open its first restaurant in March at the CentralwOrld shopping mall.

Located on the first floor of what used to be the old Isetan, Thailand’s first Shake Shack will feature a mural by Thai artist Navin Rawanchaiku – the same artist who painted Shake Shack’s original “I Heart Taxi” cart in Madison Square Park.

No specific date in March was announced for its opening. Nor were many menu details revealed, but it’s safe to say fans can expect beef burgers, milk shakes, and more."

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/thailands-1st-shake-shack-at-centralworld-set-to-open-in-march/

Shake Shack's map below shows their current locations worldwide, including in the LA and SF Bay areas in California. But I don't remember them as a presence there before I bailed out 15 or so years back.

https://shakeshack.com/locations#/

Tommy's Burgers, on the other hand, that's a different story!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And another option soon coming to CentralWorld in BKK -- Shake Shack (which somehow I don't think I've ever tried anywhere in my life).

Shake Shack is now open at CW.... I saw YT video of a HUGE lineup there the other day...resembling the kind when the first Krispy Kreme outlet opened in Thailand.... Absolutely bonkers.

I mean, I like a good hamburger probably more than most. But even here in Thailand, I ain't gonna stand in queue for an hour or more just to have the opportunity to order their food....