Bank Interest Rates

Bank interest rates for Fixed Deposit and normal Savings Accounts have been extremely low for years, but rates do seem to be rising somewhat now.

Would be interesting and beneficial for many of us to hear from posters on their recent interest rate/deposit terms at any bank.

(eg: I was quoted 0.80% for 1yr term at Bangkok Bank yesterday). 

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think Krungsri MJD account is still 0.9% instant access but i haven't checked recently, in UK 2-3% is easy to get so i leave money there now

Rate in the US high yield savings is creeping up to 3.8%. Of course the US market is also showing signs of rebound but equity investors are still cautious for the looming recession every one is predicting in 2023. 

4 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Would be interesting and beneficial for many of us to hear from posters on their recent interest rate/deposit terms at any bank.

SCB just offered me 1.8 % for 1 year fixed ... I declined ...

They have a very interesting index fund on the SET

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The fund only goes up?

You buy in it when the SET is down , just wait , will happen again ... to buy in this fund is free , no charges ...

Easy to make a few percent if the timing is right ...

https://www.scbam.com/en/fund/index-fund/fund-information/scbset

Edited by nobodysfriend

38 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

You buy in it when the SET is down , just wait , will happen again ... to buy in this fund is free , no charges ...

Easy to make a few percent if the timing is right ...

https://www.scbam.com/en/fund/index-fund/fund-information/scbset

There are charges in the Fund, about 1%

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kuzie57 said:

This is the current one from SCB.  • 24-Month Bonus Deposit Account with physical passbook: 1.85% p.a. • 24-Month Bonus Deposit Account with e-passbook: 1.95% p.a.

just got 2.3% on 3 year term deposit ...not brilliant but better than sitting there doing nothing eh 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

just got 2.3% on 3 year term deposit ...not brilliant but better than sitting there doing nothing eh 

If I interpret this correctly, then for example a one million baht Fixed deposit, you get interest of 23,000 baht (minus 15% tax) after 3 years.

Or should that be 2.3%p.a. and the interest is paid yearly and compounded for years 2 and 3.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

If I interpret this correctly, then for example a one million baht Fixed deposit, you get interest of 23,000 baht (minus 15% tax) after 3 years.

Or should that be 2.3%p.a. and the interest is paid yearly and compounded for years 2 and 3.

Thanks.

not sure mate I'll ask the bride and get back on it tks

• Thanks 1