Best Krungsri/ayudhya debit card for average farang

I am about to get new debit card for my ayudhya account ?

What card you reccommend ?

When looking the list 

https://www.krungsri.com/en/personal/card/krungsri-debit-card

maby best to choose

https://www.krungsri.com/en/personal/card/krungsri-debit-card/all-atms

where annual fee 380 is good for 3 years and no atm fees.

or maby there is some good card available not on that list i can ask ?

Really up to you.  Personally I would go with a card that has the lowest/no annual fee, not require you to sign up for this or that, etc.

The cardless withdrawal approach is good if there is a Krungsri ATM available but to withdrawal from any Thai bank ATM or a foreign ATM you'll need an physical debit card.  And if you want to pay for something online you need a debit card.  Cardless withdrawal has its place as does an actual debit card.

• Like 2

I went with the Debit Jad Hai D  Visa card. All the same benefits and a cheaper annual fee.  Be aware the Krungsri has been closing many branch banks in low volume areas lately. They just closed another one in my town today, leaving only the Mall branch and the atms scattered around the town. They've done that in several areas recently 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

I went with the Debit Jad Hai D  Visa card. All the same benefits and a cheaper annual fee. 

Must have a “Jad Hai Savings account or Jad Hai Online Savings” says in terms

So to get this one has to have this Jad Hai Savings account.

What that term means ? Some additional account is needed then ?

Can this card used also for online shopping ?

3 hours ago, thaitero said:

Must have a “Jad Hai Savings account or Jad Hai Online Savings” says in terms

So to get this one has to have this Jad Hai Savings account.

What that term means ? Some additional account is needed then ?

Can this card used also for online shopping ?

It's just a plain savings account. It's linked to the card and you can use it for anything you would use an atm for or for in store or on line purchases. You can also transfer in or out and do all the normal banking from the mobile app

10 hours ago, Dan O said:

Be aware the Krungsri has been closing many branch banks in low volume areas lately. They just closed another one in my town today, leaving only the Mall branch and the atms scattered around the town. They've done that in several areas recently 

This is happening with all Thai banks. The wife's Krungthai Bank branch in a mall was recently closed and her acct  transferred to a standalone branch a few kilometers away just a few months ago. 

The Krungthai personnel in the mail branch said many mall branches would close over the next few years as mobile/digital/ATM banking was basically making many branches redundant and costly. 

"Finger banking" where you can do more and more banking/financial tasks via smartphone is just doing away with the need for many small branches and ATMs on every corner.  

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Pib said:

This is happening with all Thai banks. The wife's Krungthai Bank branch in a mall was recently closed and her acct  transferred to a standalone branch a few kilometers away just a few months ago. 

The Krungthai personnel in the mail branch said many mall branches would close over the next few years as mobile/digital/ATM banking was basically making many branches redundant and costly. 

"Finger banking" where you can do more and more banking/financial tasks via smartphone is just doing away with the need for many small branches and ATMs on every corner.  

Not just in Thailand but worldwide. More people and business' are looking for efficiencies in banking (and other industries as well) and electronic banking gives you that for the majority of services for your everyday needs.