Non-O Extension of Stay based on Marriage in Surin, Kap Choeng.

Greetings, 

Wife and I recently moved from Bangkok to Surin and it's time to apply for a non-o extension of stay based on marriage at the end of this month.

We are renting a house here and we did the Section 38 app registration together with the owner to make sure it would get done.

From what I've gathered I need to travel to the immigration in Kap Choeng for the extension.

I wonder if there are any differences in the requirements/procedure compared to Bangkok, perhaps if anyone got experience with non-o at Kap Choeng could share some tips and advise.

Thanks,
Jake

Another quick question, is there a Bangkok Bank branch in Kap Choeng where I can update my bank book and get a letter? I did check on Google Maps, but it wasn't really clear, there is something marked as a Bangkok Bank branch, but it looks like a residential building in a small moo baan.

Thanks,

Jake

11 hours ago, Jake72 said:

Another quick question, is there a Bangkok Bank branch in Kap Choeng where I can update my bank book and get a letter? I did check on Google Maps, but it wasn't really clear, there is something marked as a Bangkok Bank branch, but it looks like a residential building in a small moo baan.

Thanks,

Jake

There is no Bangkok Bank in Kapchoeng anymore; I was there 1 month ago. The nearest Branch is in Prasat where they can help you quickly. Do you know there is also a new immigration office at the bypass from Surin?Personally I like the office at Kap Choeng where I always go (however I just live 12 km outside Surin city).

Edited by Sjoerd
additional info
  • Like 1

Bangkok bank @ Kap Choeng closed down a while ago. 

Prasat would be nearest, otherwise Surin city.

Immigration polite and good service - have overheard people saying how hassle free and easy, and how much less paperwork they need compared to other offices.

Just take what you would normally, or phone in advance to enquire.

Goodluck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jake72 said:

Thanks,

Jake

Maybe this link can give you some information, however it was an extension Non O based on retirement....   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sjoerd said:

There is no Bangkok Bank in Kapchoeng anymore; I was there 1 month ago. The nearest Branch is in Prasat where they can help you quickly. Do you know there is also a new immigration office at the bypass from Surin?Personally I like the office at Kap Choeng where I always go (however I just live 12 km outside Surin city).

Thanks that's very helpful, we live just a few km outside Rattanaburi so we'll be driving through Surin city, I'll try get the banking details done there. I didn't know about the new immigration in Surin, but I think I'll try Kap Choeng even it's a bit further away, sounds like it's more established.

Cheers,

Jake

5 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Bangkok bank @ Kap Choeng closed down a while ago. 

Prasat would be nearest, otherwise Surin city.

Immigration polite and good service - have overheard people saying how hassle free and easy, and how much less paperwork they need compared to other offices.

Just take what you would normally, or phone in advance to enquire.

Goodluck.

Thanks, It's a shame they closed their Bangkok Bank branch, but I'll get it done in Surin city instead.

Sounds like Kap Choeng is a bit more laid back than Bangkok and not having to wait in line for 4 hours is a big plus.

Cheers,

Jake