Vientiane online Visa Appointment

Hi

im due to exit Thailand on 16th and was planning to get a 2mTR visa at Vientiane. I did ask advice which was gratefully received but was not told to book an appointment for a visa. I just did some Googling and have booked an ‘ Online Appointment ‘ for Tuesday as it is the only one available. Are these appointments so strict ? Last time I did any of these visa runs it was a case of put the passport in and come back next day and don’t come on a Friday. I was going to go today but I’m unwell ????. Now it looks like I’m going to have to arrive Friday and stay waiting for the weekend and Monday , 4 nights !! I don’t wanna fly around to get back in but four nights away just so I can come back over the land border is over the top , is there a visa service I can lean on ? 

You won't get in the gate without an appointment. That's how it's been since before the countries closed due to Covid 
AND
keep in mind they have 3 working day processing time <- example you turn in your application Monday morning that means you can pick your passport up with the visa Wednesday afternoon. image.png.9966ab7df89f3abf30d030ac95b5e25e.pngimage.png.6f546dcb2c4735879fa98e71da005884.png

Just go to the thai consulate in Savannakhet Lao <- across the river from Mukdahan
It's walk up service, no appointment needed and they have two day processing, apply one day in the morning, get the passport back the next working day afternoon

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Caldera said:

In Vientiane, you do need an appointment and they won't let you in without one. Agents can't help you with that. You could consider going to Savannakhet instead, no appointment required there. 

???? Thanks

5 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just go to the thai consulate in Savannakhet Lao <- across the river from Mukdahan
It's walk up service, no appointment needed and they have two day processing, apply one day in the morning, get the passport back the next working day afternoon

4 hours ago, Stevey said:

???? Thanks

Thanks both for the life line. I was in a hole there looking at staying in Vientiane for 5 days. It’s been a steep learning curve. This Savannakhet info has been invaluable. I’ll be leaving early for a 5hr ride from PhonPhiSai to mukdahan. Lao E-visa letter in hand @Lemsta69

????

Any other tips appreciated you can think of. 

Edited by Stevey
I’m stupid

18 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Any other tips appreciate you can think of. 

Can you please post a details report after you successfully get your visa. Pleases include how crowded the place is (the few pics I have seen is very crowded). How long you have to wait to submit your application and get the visa the following day. Documents you submitted. Your location and the travel route you took, Hotels you stayed, etc. It will be very helpful for people wanting to do visa run (not border run).  Please post your report as new post not a thread in this post. Thanks. Waiting for your report.

Edited by Onerak
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

Can you please post a details report after you successfully get your visa. Pleases include how crowded the place is (the few pics I have seen is very crowded). How long you have to wait to submit your application and get the visa the following day. Documents you submitted. Your location and the travel route you took, Hotels you stayed, etc. It will be very helpful for people wanting to do visa run (not border run).  Please post your report as new post not a thread in this post. Thanks. Waiting for your report.

I’ll do my best, in a new post ????

• Like 1