A woman slapped on the bottom settles for £90,000

A woman who was told to stand up and turn around before being slapped on the bottom with a ruler by her male manager has settled a sexual harassment case for £90,000.

After complaining to her company, she was treated like a troublemaker and her former employer – based in Northern Ireland – alleged she had “dressed and behaved provocatively”, she said.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PJPom said:

After reading this story from the UK and also an Australian Payout of millions by the Government [taxpayers ] to a woman who claimed rape in Parliament House I wonder who is right.

We know that Thailand is lacking in certain areas of justice but some of the judgements and punishment for criminal acts in the so called first world countries  are ridiculous, you can get more punishment for motoring offences than theft or assault.

I, and I am sure many others here do not miss our so called home countries, they don't exist any more.

What?

10 hours ago, PJPom said:

I wonder who is right.

She was awarded.   Clearly they looked at the evidence as a lady was assaulted, and likely not the first horrible thing done to her.  Nobody deserves this at a workplace.    Wonder who is right?   We must stand up for rights of women getting abused.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, lemme get this straight:

She stood up and willingly turned around for a bottom spanking at work from a colleague (basically carrying on/flirting/ misbehaving together in the workplace), then she gets awared 90 grand and no doubt the other participant loses his job and gets a criminal record?

Edited by 2009
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

She was awarded.   Clearly they looked at the evidence as a lady was assaulted, and likely not the first horrible thing done to her.  Nobody deserves this at a workplace.    Wonder who is right?   We must stand up for rights of women getting abused.

I just don't get why she stood up and willingly participated in the foolery................and then after that filed a complaint.

Sure, it's inappropriate for people to act that way when they should be working, but doesn't it read like a consensual act between the two?

She may have been embarrassed when others were told about their behavior and there's also the financial compensation too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

I just don't get why she stood up and willingly participated in the foolery................and then after that filed a complaint.

Sure, it's inappropriate for people to act that way when they should be working, but doesn't it read like a consensual act between the two?

She may have been embarrassed when others were told about their behavior and there's also the financial compensation too.

Victim blaming already.

She was assaulted in the workplace by her line manager.

Her manager’s behavior has been the stuff of ethics training in workplaces for at least a couple of decades, it’s inexcusable.

The response of the company was also appallingly poor, I’m surprised the settlement was only £90K.

Well done to the woman for challenging this.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Victim blaming already.

She was assaulted in the workplace by her line manager.

Her manager’s behavior has been the stuff of ethics training in workplaces for at least a couple of decades, it’s inexcusable.

The response of the company was also appallingly poor, I’m surprised the settlement was only £90K.

Well done to the woman for challenging this.

But why did she stand up and turn around to receive the spanking? That's what I don't understand.

Is that not consent?

Of course, what they were doing is inappropriate for the workplace, obviously.

I am just trying to get to grips with what actually happened.

Can't seem to tell if he just grabbed her or if she was participating.

I mean, in my years working back West, I have known a lot of x-rated things to go on between willing participants in the workplace (e.g. fellatio in the stockroom, bonking in the toilet, etc etc)

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:

But why did she stand up and turn around to receive the spanking, that's what I don't understand?

Because she was frightened of losing her job? Because she was worried about losing face with colleagues? Because she didn't know she was going to be spanked after turning around?

There's three possibilities just from the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Is that not consent?

No

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2009 said:

But why did she stand up and turn around to receive the spanking? That's what I don't understand.

Is that not consent?

Of course, what they were doing is inappropriate for the workplace, obviously.

I am just trying to get to grips with what actually happened.

Can't seem to tell if he just grabbed her or if she was participating.

I mean, in my years working back West, I have known a lot of x-rated things to go on between willing participants in the workplace (e.g. fellatio in the stockroom, bonking in the toilet, etc etc)

She was asked to stand up and turn around.

Do you have eyes in the back of your head?

What followed the incident was a string of failings by her employer’s HR department.

That X-rated things happened in the past is no excuse for abuse to continue. 

Hat’s off to the woman in this incident for challenging abuse and management failures.

6 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Because she was frightened of losing her job? Because she was worried about losing face with colleagues? Because she didn't know she was going to be spanked after turning around?

There's three possibilities just from the top of my head.

That's what I'm saying, we don't know. These are all 'maybes'

The 2nd one though, loss if face, isn't an excuse. I am sure we have all been embarrassed by our actions.

10 minutes ago, JayClay said:

No

Seriously, if he was like, "turn around for a spanking" and she turns around and gives him her <deleted> to spank......you are saying that wouldn't be consent?

Edited by 2009

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

That's what I'm saying, we don't know. These are all 'maybes'

The 2nd one though, loss if face, isn't an excuse. I am sure we have all been embarrassed by our actions.

Some are even embarrassed by the arguments they make in posts on anonymous forums, or at least they ought to be.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She was asked to stand up and turn around.

That X-rated things happened in the past is no excuse for abuse to continue

We don't know what was said exactly. He could have said, "turn around and I'll spank you" 

Colleagues engage in all kinds of hanky panky and tom foolery. Doesn't make it abuse.

Edited by 2009

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Whoever decided on a £90K settlement disagrees with you.

How naive.

The legal system isn't truthful or just.

It's just a game of technicalities and loopholes.

She could have willingly turned around and participated and still got the payout. 

You know that.

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

How naive.

The legal system isn't truthful or just.

It's just a game of technicalities and loopholes.

She could have willingly turned around and participated and still got the payout. 

You know that.

For all its faults the legal system is founded on a vary sound principle.

If you make an accusation, you need to be able to back it up with credible evidence.

What the cat’s mother ‘could have’ just doesn’t cut it.

• Haha 1

Here in Thailand you can run over a motorcycle cop and call a couple thousand quid "acceptable compensation."  Then if that isn't good enough, just jet-set out of the country and wait out the statutes of limitation as you Jet-Set the F1 Tours world-wide as nobody can "see you" even though you have a Interpol Red Notice filed that doesn't show up in the Interpol system.

Bottom-line (no pun intended).  The rich and cosmopolitan get to live by rules not made for the "commoners."

Somebody bumped my butt.  I need 3,829,588.75 THB at today's exchange rate for my mental anguish.

What did that cop's family get?  100,000 THB (2,350 GBP). 

Death? Or a slap on the butt?  Somebody slap me on the butt, please!

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, exactly my point. 

We don't know.

Yes we do know. 

There was another male colleague present at the meeting. 

The manager who slapped her made the comment. " Sorry I had to do that". 

When the woman complained to the other male present, both males treated it as a joke. 

26 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Yes we do know. 

There was another male colleague present at the meeting. 

The manager who slapped her made the comment. " Sorry I had to do that". 

When the woman complained to the other male present, both males treated it as a joke. 

As clear as mud then.

Thanks