18 year boy registration requirements for military service

yeahbutif

18 year boy registration requirements for military service

We having a debate what the boy has to do to register for military service 

He went to the place where he registered in blue house book at the age 18 

She now saying she has to go again this year and do it again ?

She says it has to be done every year till he 21 then goes in the draw.

Does this sound right ?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Does he want to register for military service, i.e. join up, or is he actually taking his chances and just waiting for the draw?

If he volunteers, as opposed to being drafted, he'll serve less time.

No he has a job already.. so not looking or hoping to join up.but  it seems they have to be on a list .but can't see why if they do have to reg every year.

21 minutes ago, mike123ca said:

When he was in high school did he participate in "Lore Dor"  Thailand's version of army school. If so then he should have the paperwork allowing him to avoid conscription.

My son, now 18 is in his 3rd and final year.

The problem was that he and nobody else either attended through the Covid years. Would that affect his standing, as it was not their fault?

Just now, digbeth said:

no, if  he already registered the year he turned 18 and came home with the sor dor 9 paperwork, then he'll go for the draw at 20, no need to turn up every year

He registered at 15 and Covid permitting he attended all the classes. Now he is 18 and reaching the end of the last year.

My question was, does the time missed due to Covid count towards the 3 years?

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

He registered at 15 and Covid permitting he attended all the classes. Now he is 18 and reaching the end of the last year.

My question was, does the time missed due to Covid count towards the 3 years?

They were still running classes and test online, only the big camping trip at the end was cancelled, normally the school should have organized his 'graduation' paper that exempt him from the draft 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

They were still running classes and test online, only the big camping trip at the end was cancelled, normally the school should have organized his 'graduation' paper that exempt him from the draft 

Thank you for the information. 

I will get him to ask the school tomorrow.

16 hours ago, mike123ca said:

When he was in high school did he participate in "Lore Dor"  Thailand's version of army school. If so then he should have the paperwork allowing him to avoid conscription.

Nope... I find it odd there is not alot of information on the inlist subject? Even Google is not that clear ..and forums far and between.. I was told the other day maybe if I searched in thai there is would be info .. but if you a falang and you have a half thai half falang son we need to know what goes on ..as I found some Thais lady don't seem to take any interest in important life issues 

• Like 1