Covid 19 vaccine

superal

Does anyone know the up to date latest vaccine for covid 19 . I seem to remember that a new vaccine to tackle the new strain of covid , had been brought out by Moderna . However a friend recons the new vaccine is Pfizer . Google search did not give the answer .

The updated versions are not available in Thailand. Neither Pfizer nor Moderna. Don't worry too much about it, they aren't much better than the original versions.

It seems that Moderna isn't available in Thailand at the moment. So Kwasaki's answer was spot-on

• Thanks 1

The latest version of Moderna came out in the USA this past September.  It has more protection against certain Covid variants. 
Unfortunately it is not available in Thailand presently.  And no indication if when or ever will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, Lorry said:

The updated versions are not available in Thailand. Neither Pfizer nor Moderna. Don't worry too much about it, they aren't much better than the original versions.

It seems that Moderna isn't available in Thailand at the moment. So Kwasaki's answer was spot-on

Moderna would be from private hospital. Ask Bumrungrad, Medpark.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Best thing you can do is take another booster shot. I'm taking my second booster shot at the local hospital on Thursday. I did the two original Pfizer shots and then a Moderna booster. Wonder what they will give me this time?

The US still today have about 300 deaths/day from Coronavirus, probably from anti-vaccers.

I have had 2 AZ , 1 pfizer booster and have caught covid twice , both same as common cold but also with tickly throat and cough . Some 6 months or more  since last jab and the protection must be low from previous jabs . Have to see whats on offer at my local gov hospital  , as long as its not the Chinese vaccine . Thanks all for your replies .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

protection must be low

Not necessarily. 

You have had 5 exposures to COVID-19 antigens,  that's pretty good.

AZ gives longer lasting protection than mRNA.

Infection, too.

I am in a similar situation, my last antigen exposure (it was an infection) was in February (I also had AZ). So I had my antibodies measured (quantitative test can be done at Camillian Hospital,  900 B; I also wanted the neutralizing antibodies tested,  they did both tests at Vejthani Hospital for 2500).

The test results showed that I have very good protection. 

I talked with their infectious disease doctor.  He explained to me, that I have very good protection (yes, I knew this from the test results already).

So I asked him whether I need one more shot right now.  He said yes, because according to the (American) CDC everybody needs 3 mRNA shots. I had only 2. I found this answer not convincing for 2 reasons: AZ has never been available in the US, how can you just ignore the AZ I had? Second, I cannot think of any rich country that handled Covid19 worse than the US (maybe Russia?), look at the death toll, look at their inability to provide masks or tests for their people. I would completely ignore what the American CDC says. 

I am a firm believer in vaccines.  But I don't want one every 6 months for years to come. 

Numbers here are stil relatively low. I practice social distancing, wear a mask, have easy access to good treatment, and I don't mingle with the tourist crowds. But in spring I have to go to 2 countries with much higher case numbers,  where people don't practice social distancing. 

I have to fly there,  flying seems to be a very high risk activity. 

So I will get my next shot 4 weeks before my first flight. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1