90-days online reporting: no prompting to upload anything?

I've just received an autogenerated email that says "we have received your information sucessfully" after I went through the online procedure. However, I did nothing more than fill in info about myself, after which a TM47 was generated and (I assume) forwarded to immigration. What seems to be missing here is the uploading of passport page and visa page. Of course they have all that in their system under my passport number as I've had 4 extensions so far, but the info on the internet I had read always insisted you needed photocopies/copies of the whole shebang. Has the 90-reporting reduced to filling out a TM47 online?

If this application gets rejected I'll travel back to Pattaya and drop my passport at the agency who did my two previous 90-days. I'm not even sure I am entitled to do this online in Bangkok now considering I only did this through an agency in Pattaya in the past.

27 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

There's no uploading involved in the online reporting. You just fill in the required info and, usually after a couple of days, you get an email with the receipt attached. Job done.

Edited to add that if it's your fist reporting on a new extension you need to do it in person. At least that was the rule a few months ago.

Ok, I thought the rule was if it's a first reporting with respect to the original visa, not with respect to the latest extension. If the latter is the case, online reporting is nothing for me as I never stay long enough in one year to have more than one reporting on the same extension.

15 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Ok, I thought the rule was if it's a first reporting with respect to the original visa, not with respect to the latest extension. If the latter is the case, online reporting is nothing for me as I never stay long enough in one year to have more than one reporting on the same extension.

Maybe some other posters can confirm/correct what I wrote about first reporting as I'm not an expert.

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

...I'm not even sure I am entitled to do this online in Bangkok now considering I only did this through an agency in Pattaya in the past...

The online reporting can be done from anywhere in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

No uploading needed and the online application a 5 minute process to do the 90 day report. Much easier than a trip into immigration or doing it by mail.

Only if the reported address matches the registered address. If not ... rejected.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, Phoenix Rising said:

There's no uploading involved in the online reporting. You just fill in the required info and, usually after a couple of days, you get an email with the receipt attached. Job done.

Edited to add that if it's your first reporting on a new extension you need to do it in person. At least that was the rule a few months ago.

I did my first online report just over a year ago and it was my first 90 day report after getting the extension in September 2021. I have done every report since online including my last report which was also the first report after getting an extension.

So there is no such rule.

I think that there may be some rule about the first 90 day report after entering Thailand, but I am not sure about that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, loong said:

I did my first online report just over a year ago and it was my first 90 day report after getting the extension in September 2021. I have done every report since online including my last report which was also the first report after getting an extension.

So there is no such rule.

I think that there may be some rule about the first 90 day report after entering Thailand, but I am not sure about that.

I did the first report after returning to Thailand online so that doesn't seem to be an issue. Is @ubonjoe or any of the other experts able to shed some light on this issue?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Only if the reported address matches the registered address. If not ... rejected.

OK. I did it from the hotel where I stay. So it hinges on the hotel doing their job of reporting guests as they check-in.

26 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I did the first report after returning to Thailand online so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

It's not an issue.

Assume that you returned to Thailand with reentry permit or existing visa.

Within 90 days of arriving in Thailand you can make your 90 day report online. 

• Like 1

No uploading but what sometimes goes unnoticed:

after submitting the browser should open a popup window with the generated TM47.

Can be ">downloaded<.

Often browsers are set to block popups and users overlook the hint about it.

(just submitted this morning)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 12:26 PM, JackGats said:

I also never stay long enough to report after my extension. Last year I went in person 90 days after re-entry but this year after re-entry in September I registered online and reported online just last week and it was accepted after about 3 hours. So there is obviously no requirement to do the 1st report in person every time after re-entry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, scorpio1945 said:

Do I need to re-register with 90 day online reporting if I get a new passport? Thanks.

It might be advisable for you to submit your next 90-day report in person at the same time as getting existing stamps transferred from old to new passports - just as I did in my case last week. Based on my experience, your immigration office should then issue you with a 90-day receipt of notification stating your new passport number underneath a barcode. So, provided that you ensure that your new passport number is stated in a subsequent online report, Immigration will - hopefully - be able to marry this up with the new passport number as - equally hopefully - recorded in their system.

That said, the proof of the pudding will not, unfortunately, become clear in my case until next March! ????

Just an update. My online reporting has been rejected. Only the agency will work for me I'm afraid. Point taken. I'll never bother to deal with immigration any more if not through my visa agency.

Edited by JackGats