Yellow Tabien Baan and Pink ID required for enrolment into Social Security (Section 39)

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Thanks, good information. Did you have to push this point to prove your contributions? 

SSO wasn't questioning the matter of contributions. What SSO wanted was a yellow book and pink ID. He didn't have one.

OP's merely attempting to argue on the forum that he shouldn't have to have one. He's "irritated." He's also miffed at the businesslike attitude of the busy SSO. They should take up more of their time with hand-holding and commiseration with their supplicants at how tough the rules are. Maybe hand out cookies or something.

It appears the OP has now resigned himself to the injustice of it all and will undergo the suffering required to get a yellow book and pink card. He does have 6 months to fool around more if he so chooses.

20 minutes ago, BigStar said:

SSO wasn't questioning the matter of contributions. What SSO wanted was a yellow book and pink ID. He didn't have one.

OP's merely attempting to argue on the forum that he shouldn't have to have one. He's "irritated." He's also miffed at the businesslike attitude of the busy SSO. They should take up more of their time with hand-holding and commiseration with their supplicants at how tough the rules are. Maybe hand out cookies or something.

It appears the OP has now resigned himself to the injustice of it all and will undergo the suffering required to get a yellow book and pink card. He does have 6 months to fool around more if he so chooses.

Thanks, and I'm hoping that my name in a 'standard' dark blue cover Tabien Baan TB book, along with my entire Thai family, will be acceptable (my name in dark blue cover book because I got PR 25 years ago)  and I do have a pink card.  

The dark TB blue book I refer to was issued new when my sons new house was finished in a new moo baan in CM about 12 years ago, and son, his wife, their 3 kids (my grandchildren), and me all  transferred from previous TB book in Bkk.  

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Kindly spare me your sarcasm. Various posters here stated that the Yellow Book/Pink ID is in fact NOT required. Presumably, SSO could have accepted the Certificate of Residence that I had produced instead of the YB/PID they wanted for the same purpose. But naturally it is a lot simpler to send the Farang away. Nonetheless, I was prepared for that, I know that with Thai officialdom, no means no, and indeed it is as good an opportunity as any to procure that YB/PID combo.

Contrary to what you suggested, what I found irritating was the totally un-businesslike attitude of the "busy SSO", who was, together with 4 others like her behind the desk, killing time playing with her phone at 2:20pm on a Monday. I was the only "customer" there. I did not interact with her myself, but my Thai colleague from HR who did also remarked how unhelpful and unpleasant that SSO lady had been.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LogicThai said:

I was prepared for that, I know that with Thai officialdom, no means no, and indeed it is as good an opportunity as any to procure that YB/PID combo.

Congrats on attitude adjustment. Pattaya wanted me to present a copy of my latest 90-day report. Yes ma'am, I went and got that copy. Then the officially translated name certified by the MFA was not the same translation as on my chanote. Time for Adventures at the Land Office to get them update their translation. Oh, well. Nice lady in the Land Office, had a lil' chat with her. I take along my tablet for reading whenever I'm going to a gov't office. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

31 minutes ago, LogicThai said:

I found irritating was the totally un-businesslike attitude of the "busy SSO", who was, together with 4 others like her behind the desk, killing time playing with her phone at 2:20pm on a Monday. I was the only "customer" there.

The SSO at Laem Chabang is mobbed, and the average wait is pretty long, probably longer than the wait you and whoever had to endure. 'Course, if they were just playing with phones, that could definitely be annoying, TIT. I'm annoyed at the gym the way Thais will sit on the machines and play with their phones. 'Course, some farang may sit as long without playing with their phones.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 7:25 AM, edwardflory said:

2 days after we were married we went to get a YELLOW book.

It took a total of 5 days ( plus the weekend ). Docuements taken:

5 year old lease in both our names (  her maiden  name ) Passport in her maiden name ) her change of " last" name docuement, copy of old Thai ID card and new Thai ID card with my last name, marriage docuements in Thai and English, copies of MY embassy paperwork for marriage in Thai and English, my passport ( 8 years of extensions stamps ), and her brother to certify that he knew we were together over 5 years. 

I have a friend that got a YELLOW book in 1 hour WITHOUT all of the above

Congratulations to you and buy a lottery ticket, I thought it would be simple as well but now 2 months in it is a nightmare, I dont even have to go to the office anymore(luckily as I was get a tad boisterous on my last visit) my wife handles it all and still the person comes up with another thing wanted or a delay in getting it to his boss, who will then let it sit on his desk I suppose, we know what they really want even the people at the front desk told us but Im not playing that game.