Thai Army on standby to support HTMS Sukhothai search and rescue operations

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Very very rarely are SAR helicopters grounded by weather conditions.

I did 2 years on an SAR squadron in the UK and I don't remember ever that we ever stopped launching whatever the weather.

They even launched up in Scotland and Wales during snow storms in winter.

He is not trolling.

You are.

So, where were those rescue helicopters located? And why weren't they "launched"?

Edited by ozimoron

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Where was the Thai coast guard?

As far as I can search, Thailand does not seem to have a Coastguard service similar to the USA, UK or the EU.

The best info I have found so far is here.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/thailand/coastguard.htm

The Royal Thai Navy was involved in a long process of developing its coast guard force. On April 1, 1989 a trial force of one frigate, eight patrol craft and four aircraft was established. The Coast Guard Squadron was officially authorized on September 29, 1992, when the number of patrol craft attached to it was increased to 11. Currently, ships and aircraft are rotated monthly from the navy. Coast guard functions are also performed by the Marine Police (responsible to the Interior Ministry). A permanent base for the Coast Guard has not yet been determined; possible locations include the area of Laem Chabang, where the country's heavy east coast industrial port is located. Armed Sea Rangers currently maintain counter-piracy patrols in converted fishing vessels.

There is a bit more info in the link.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, where were those rescue helicopters located? And why weren't they "launched"?

If you are talking about Thailand, why don't you do a Google search, as I have just done, and find out for yourself, then post the info as I just did?

Do you really think that the posters here will have intimate knowledge of everything that goes on with the Thai military?

Try reading this link and you may learn something. Alternative look at my post of a few minutes ago, just above this one.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you are talking about Thailand, why don't you do a Google search, as I have just done, and find out for yourself, then post the info as I just did?

Do you really think that the posters here will have intimate knowledge of everything that goes on with the Thai military?

Try reading this link and you may learn something. Alternative look at my post of a few minutes ago, just above this one.

You claimed the Thai military failed to deploy choppers, now explain why.

• Haha 2