Transferring money from the UK

34 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have just got my yearly summary from Wise and they say I made 27 transactions this year.

I am aware of the reasons I gave for transfer.

What bank do you send to in Thailand?

KannikaP's claim that it's not immediately transferred if long term stay is selected is true for Bangkok Bank and I think one other (Kasikorn?) so I suspect you're using someone else.  You probably don't require it to be marked as international for immigration purposes, or you obtain Credit Advice Notes if you do.

44 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have just got my yearly summary from Wise and they say I made 27 transactions this year.

I am aware of the reasons I gave for transfer.

Screenshot.png

I shall wait for MY yearly summary then. Thanks.

Were the transfers for Immigration purposes and marked as Foreign Transfers?

May not be any help to Bannork,  but i use a UK credit card to get all my money. Halifax have a fee free card (Clarity) and a couple of other banks also. I get the mastercard exchange rate, which is similar to the interbank exchange rates, I check with XE.com and usually similar to their quoted rates (the interbank rate, not their transfer rate) and when Wise's fee is taken into account, normally better than Wise. I can use it to pay in Thailand, rarely any trouble, or by doing a counter withdrawal at a bank for cash - then no fees like at ATM's. Only have to pay off quickly to keep interest on the credit down.

I would strongly advise anyone from the UK moving to Thailand to maintain a UK bank account and address if at all possible, it solves a lot of problems and helps if you have to return to the UK.

Did use Wise about 4 times in the past, but twice the transfer from my UK bank to Wise or Thailand failed. My card is a better rate and i get my money when i want

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I shall wait for MY yearly summary then. Thanks.

Were the transfers for Immigration purposes and marked as Foreign Transfers?

No, I do the 800K method.

These were marked ' funds for long term stay in Thailand '

1 hour ago, treetops said:

What bank do you send to in Thailand?

KannikaP's claim that it's not immediately transferred if long term stay is selected is true for Bangkok Bank and I think one other (Kasikorn?) so I suspect you're using someone else.  You probably don't require it to be marked as international for immigration purposes, or you obtain Credit Advice Notes if you do.

I use Krung Thai bank and I use drop down menu ' funds for long term stay in Thailand '

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I use Krung Thai bank and I use drop down menu ' funds for long term stay in Thailand '

So the money will go through one of Wises' partner banks, Bkk, Krungsri or Dee Money, and as Treetops said, you need to get a Credit Note from them to show that the dosh came from abroad.

If, as you are doing, you do not need it for IO purposes, as you have 800k in the bank, ANY reason is OK.

Even that sick buffalo!

On 12/22/2022 at 3:47 AM, crazykopite said:

Open a wise account it’s very simple I sent 25k over last week it cost around £145 but was sat in my Thai bank account in.ems than 2 hours if you send  £1,000 it normally takes less than 3 minutes last week I managed to get 43 to the £ today it’s 41.990 so I did okay the good thing  the rated change many times during the day so you need to keep an eye on it I have a GB account with them where I hold money so it’s l most instant as I don’t have to transfer monies from my U.K. bank  avoid doing transfers at weekends as the Friday rate is all weekend plus it takes much longer to reach your Thai bank so best do it Monday to Friday 

Just about every word is inaccurate in that post !  Again this sub forum (and theres no easy answer) allows totally wild responses over a subject that absolutely every single one of us bar none have a huge interest in namely money

• Thumbs Up 1