Certificate of residence Phuket on METV - possible??

I have just bought a motorbike in Phuket and in order to get the green book I need a certificate of residence. I already have a Thai driving licence. 

what’s complicating things in my mind are two questions . 

1. first I own the condo where I stay, so I’m not sure what to do about this TM30 requirement. Do I just bring the blue Tabian Baan book, which is blank of course, beside I’m not Thai. I don’t have a yellow book. 

2. other complication is that I only tend to stay here for three or four months each year, so I tend to enter on a multi entry tourist visa. Most of the posts I read about residency certificates suggest as part of the application non o or other long stay visas, METV is only 6-9 months max. 

If I bring

copies of passport  and visa stamp

original blank Tabian Baan

passport photo

300 baht??

Is that going to do it here in Phuket or is there something else I need? 

thanks for any help. 

You will need to get your address registered with immigration. The blue book will help. Normally you also need a form filled by the land lord and copy of ID but since you are the land lord it'll be easier.

Go there with you passport, blue book and two photos and talk to the volunteer helpers. They guide you and give you all the forms that will be needed.

It should not be a problem to get a certificate of residence on a tourist visa. I've done it multiple times in the past. 300 Baht "tip" is the usual rate yes.

• Like 1

Thank you.  That’s great information. 

Is the immigration office at phuket town opposite the lake, and is it one of these situations where I need to go at 6 in the morning and wait all day???

Edited by sureno

7 minutes ago, sureno said:

Thank you.  That’s great information. 

Is the immigration office at phuket town opposite the lake, and is it one of these situations where I need to go at 6 in the contenting and wait all day???

Phuket Immigration is on Phuket Road in Phuket town.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/7.8675968,98.3629824/Phuket+Immigration,+482+Phuket+Rd,+Tambon+Talat+Yai,+Mueang+Phuket+District,+Phuket+83000/@7.8706839,98.3860673,16.26z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m1!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x30502e00d5f6b149:0xdd6b3d34e748bf!2m2!1d98.3938463!2d7.8700981

Go to Room 101 on the ground floor and the volunteers will guide you with forms and requirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I've done it multiple times in the past. 300 Baht "tip" is the usual rate yes.

Maybe that's flippant.

Certainly would not work at most immigration offices.

In any event OP....for a residence certificate immigration offices vary.

For example in Bangkok you could not obtain one without filing a 90 day report. 

Best check with immigration in Phuket to check local requirements.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Maybe that's flippant.

Certainly would not work at most immigration offices.

In any event OP....for a residence certificate immigration offices vary.

For example in Bangkok you could not obtain one without filing a 90 day report. 

Best check with immigration in Phuket to check local requirements.

Not sure what's flippant. They actually ask for 300 Baht in Phuket. Has been like that for the past 10 years that I can remember.

The OP asked about Phuket and he got answers specific to Phuket. What they do in BKK is another matter.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, here is a thread specific to Phuket.

I notice one post requiring a 90 day address report and another stating that's not required.  

Nobody in that thread said a 90 day report was required. The TM30 address report and 90 day reports are two different things. 90 day reports require that the address has been registered in the immigration system which is done via TM30 the first time.

Since the OP is the house master of the place he stays at, he is in charge of filing a TM30 to register himself as staying at that place. Once he is in the system with that address he can apply for the certificate of residence. Both these things can be done on the same day in Phuket.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Nobody in that thread said a 90 day report was required. The TM30 address report and 90 day reports are two different things. 90 day reports require that the address has been registered in the immigration system which is done via TM30 the first time.

Here is just one grab from that thread....

"Hi Andreas

They did not ask for that, just a copy of the receipt address notification"...

That normally refers to 90 day report.

Clearly others were not asked for that. 

TM30 was mentioned. 

In any event move on. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is just one grab from that thread....

"Hi Andreas

They did not ask for that, just a copy of the receipt address notification"...

That normally refers to 90 day report.

Clearly others were not asked for that. 

TM30 was mentioned. 

In any event move on. 

The address notification refers to the TM30 form. They staple the receipt of that into the passport and wanted a copy of that. The OP should not have any issues. I've gotten more than a dozen certificates of residence in Phuket over the years on various kinds of visa. Not once was any 90 day report in play.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate all the comments. 

i will show my ignorance here by saying I don’t know what a 90 day report is, and I thought  the T30 is just a form you download in order to make the the application. Is it something different?

3 minutes ago, sureno said:

i will show my ignorance here by saying I don’t know what a 90 day report is, and I thought  the T30 is just a form you download in order to make the the application. Is it something different?

Seems a 90 day TM47 is not required at Phuket for residence certificate. That's good.

That is only required if you spend more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand.

The TM30 also reports your address in Thailand.

Often never required if you have nothing to attend immigration for.

Suggest that you will need a TM30 filed in order to obtain your residence certificate. 

4 hours ago, sureno said:

Is that going to do it here in Phuket or is there something else I need? 

https://piv-phuket.com/others/residence-certificate/

Residence Certificate

People requiring an residence certificate (proof of residence) can get this at the immigration office.
This certificate is required when the address has to confirmed at a Thai government agency, for example obtaining an Thai Driving License or buying a car/scooter

Prerequisite are:

Up to date address registration.

Required papers:

Filled in TM30 form. (House owner section can be left blank)

Copies from following passport pages:

Detail page
Current visa/extension
Last entry stamp
TM6 departure card (If applicable)

Passport size picture.

The Proof of Residence can be issued at:
– Phuket Town Main Immigration office room 101.
– Patong Beach Immigration office.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sureno said:

TM30 is required by the land lord to report that a foreigner is staying at their property. Hotels will do that for example for everyone that checks in. Since you are the owner of the condo it means you need to report yoruself via the TM30. This tells the immigration system "this guy is staying at this address".

A TM47 aka 90 day report on the other hand is your responsibility if you are staying more than 90 days in the country. You tell immigration that way "I'm still at this place".

Both can be done online after the first time and you are registered in the system.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello again. 

just to update, I went to phuket immigration yesterday. 

Find room 101

Queue up and check docs (copy of passport with entry stamp, copy of house book, photo, tm30) with helper volunteers 

get number from them and wait to be called

they will process the application then pay 300 baht to get them to issue the certificate

whole thing took about 90 minutes

• Like 1